What ever happened to…
In the saw thread, a couple names popped up. It made me wonder, whatever happened to so-and-so? I was thinking about Mike Wenzloff specifically. I think he’s still around, way under the radar. The next people I thought of were the guys that started Shepherd Tools, selling infill kits.

Who do you wonder about?
Jim Reed, Steve Knight
It's all wood.
Sandy Moss (aka Sydnas Sloot)
I think Steve Knight is running a cnc business. I remember his posts on oldtools when he was trying to figure things out.
joemac
vlad spehar
joemac sold most of his ww gear. I think he still posts in the basement every once-in-a-while

A few others who seem to have disappeared:
Blaine
Bob Zajiczek (Czech Edge Tools)
Stu Tierney (Schtoo - used to sell Japanese woodworking tools and stones - super knowledgeable about sharpening stones)
Evenfall (Rob) - Used to sell shooting boards - his entire shop was destroyed in a large wildfire in CA.

A few guys who used to be pretty active on WN but not anymore:

Chris Schwarz (PWW, Lost Arts Press)
Joel Moskowitz (TFWW)
Bob Lang (PWW - still posts from time to time)
Bob Smalser (left because he kept getting critiqued by idiots)
Jameel Abraham (started Benchcrafted)
Megan Fitzpatrick (erinorunning) - Managing Editor at PWW after Schwarz left - now works for Lost Arts Press
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(03-31-2022, 04:41 PM)AHill Wrote: Megan Fitzpatrick (erinorunning) - Managing Editor at PWW after Schwarz left - now works for Lost Arts Press

Megan is active on Facebook as herself and on Instagram as 1snugthejoiner. She posts nearly every day.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
(03-31-2022, 06:14 PM)enjuneer Wrote: Megan is active on Facebook as herself and on Instagram as 1snugthejoiner. She posts nearly every day.

Blaine has been posting in the basement since covid.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I think Schtoo moved to Australia, and is an electrician.
(03-31-2022, 08:42 PM)john jesseph Wrote: I think Schtoo moved to Australia, and is an electrician.

Schtoo is originally from Australia.  I think he moved back when there was some family business to take care of.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill