Project for the month of April..
Ok, update time....other 2 legs have their mortises..done..and both ends are now glued up..

Thinking being that a series of sub-assemblies will be easier than trying to glue this all of at once..

Spreader has it dovetail "Tail" on each end..

Sockets have been chopped out.

And a dry fit..

Might as well glue this up, too..

So, the "Plan" for today...is to assemble the table's base, add pine corner block to help pull things into square....and then work on the top, while the glue dries.

Went out and bought a couple #6 countersink/pilot drill bits from Bosch, yesterday...as the corner blocks need a counter sink hole for the screws.   And a set of 4 foot pads for the Table's legs to sit on...

At least it isn't a Monday...stay tuned
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Half the plan went great, for today..
Used the new drill bit, even..

So I can attach the corner blocks in place...once the base is assembled..

As the blocks help pull things square....mallet assist....let this sit a day...

As for the other half of the day....meh....top is out of the clamps and cauls....then it was flattened....beltsander and..

A Jack plane where I had to.   Ends were a bit ragged..

A saw guide and a cordless circular saw fixed that right up..

Both ends done?  not exactly...plan is for the bread board end to slide on a tongue & groove joint.   The bread board ends have the tongue, which means..

A corded router (DeWalt 610) makes 4 passes, 2 on each end.....Saw guide is also a router guide.   Took longer to move to the next cut, than to actually make the cuts..

Was able to install the bread boards..

And call it a day, today....will check on them later...maybe...may wait until tomorrow, too...have a lot more work to do on the top...not much on the base..

Stay tuned..
So..late night Laundry Detail....Had to do something, and avoid a round trip or 2 on the stairs...

All clamps came off....Underside of the bread board ends got a pair of screws.....

Bread boards were leveled with the table top...

(lots of sanding going on...dusty mess..)

Checked the fit of the base to the top....legs sit over the joint between the top and the ends...

Noticed one edge of the top was sticking out beyond the end...can't have that...Flip the top over into the leg vise....

A case of that shelf coming in rather handy....used 2 tools..

The square because the #62 has a bad habit of tilting....used the square to keep track of any leaning going on...

Made a bit of a mess.   Will sweep up when I head back to the shop, today....

Sharp square corners look nice....knee caps hate them....intend to cut some curves, later....Might even run a router around the edges?   Maybe a small cove bit?   Not sure about a 45 degree bit around the underside, yet....

Clothes came out of the Dryer about 0200 hrs, this morning.....

We'll see how things go this afternoon....stay tuned..
Getting close to the "Finish Line"
Some toys had to be put away, before I could go much further...Some needed to go back upstairs..

And the battery back on the charger.  Another needed to go back on a shelf..

As the next router bits were a different shank size than this 1/2" collet takes...

Sharp corners and knee caps do not mix well...so.. a High Tech Circle Marking Jig was used..

Looked around for a sabre saw....only one IN the shop, was buried under a year's worth of cob webs...cleaned it up, installed a decent blade..

And did a few corners..

Could have used a better blade...but a beltsander was available to smooth out the curves...

With the top on it's top...I could run the next router bit..

We just change routers, right, Norm?   Anyway, wanted a beveled edge, so the top won't look quite as fat..

Went a bit too slow around that curve.   Sand that out...flip the top over to the "good" side..this time I will change bits.

I used just the cove part of that bit.     Sand down any fuzzy going on.   Flip the top back over....ready to install the base.

Stay tuned, more to come..BRB...
Base....clamps off, time to drill 4 slotted holes..

With a drill.  

Drill straight down, then rock the drill front to back a few times, to cut a slot.   Slot allows the top to expand or contract, while being screwed down to the base....The stretcher in the middle gets a single, countersunk hole, in it's center..no slot..

Flip the base over, and install onto the top...centered as best as I can...then that single screw in the stretcher to hold things still...until the other four screws arrive..

And...since everything is ready to go...brushed on a coat of Amber Shellac to everywhere but the top of the table...

And, since the feet were where I could get to them...

A nail on foot pad was added to each leg....

Let this sit over night...then this morning, flipped the table over, and shellac coat the top...later this evening, I'll add the second coats...and then see about a top coat..

Stay tuned...
Flipped over, and brushed on Amber Shellac to the top...

Allowed to dry before brushing on a coat of clear gloss poly to the underside, once I had turned the table over..again..

let this sit until dry, before I turn it back over, and do the top.  

On my way in a little bit, to see how the top turned out....and might call this table done? 

Film at 2300 hrs...
Top is dry, and rubbed down...

Has since been moved upstairs...

Boss already has 3 potted plants sitting on it...

So....I'll need to do a Photo shoot later today?   With or without the plants?

Thanks for looking in.....just a simple, little table..
And here we go..

And..

and...

All this just to sit a few plants on...

Thanks for looking in...
Very nice table.  Its amazing how different the color looks between shop and upstairs lighting.
Bandit, yes that is a nice job....but.....fella there is still 12 days left in April.  At the pace you work, there's time for more furniture.

Thank you for taking us along.  You are an entertaining wood worker.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood