Sterling 14" Bandsaw
I have an old Sterling 14" bandsaw model WBS-14 that I inherited.  The label says it was a division of Sterling-Packard out of Glendale, Ca. and it was made in Taiwan, I guess in the 60's?.  That's all I know as I don't have any documentation.  I need to replace the upper wheel hinge and don't know what manufacturer's part might be compatible.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
Grizzly or Harbor Freight saws may be similar and they usually stock replacement parts. Or you can fabricate something from a cabinet hinge or some similar sized hinge. It probably doesnt need to be pretty, just functional.
(04-06-2022, 01:21 PM)mewarner1 Wrote:   I need to replace the upper wheel hinge and don't know what manufacturer's part might be compatible.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Here is an old pic of the broken upper wheel mechanism from a 1998 Jet 14 inch bandsaw that I once owned.

Does yours looks like this one?

[Image: 51987572804_dcb000983c_b.jpg][url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/156431553@N02/][/url]
(04-06-2022, 06:02 PM)Ohio Mike Wrote: Here is an old pic of the broken upper wheel mechanism from a 1998 Jet 14 inch bandsaw that I once owned.

Does yours looks like this one?

[Image: 51987572804_dcb000983c_b.jpg][url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/156431553@N02/][/url]

Yes, it does look like that and mine broke in pretty much the same spot as yours.  I ordered a Jet replacement hoping it will work.  I got some more info on the saw and it was part of the first wave of Taiwanese tools in the 70's-80's.  Taiwan manufactured for Jet and many other sellers so I'm thinking the parts would not have varied too much between them.  Thanks for your reply.