Oneida dust collector wall brackets
I recently acquired a used, 2 HP Oneida Component Cyclonic Dust Collector. This is the model that can use
either an internal or external filter and was available in the early 2000's. Over the years and different houses
the previous owner had it initially supported with the Oneida supplied brackets and eventually changed to a homemade
rack on wheels. The rack will not work in my setup and he lost track of the brackets. Oneida no longer sells those
brackets and their other available wall hanging brackets will not work with this DC.

So I am planning to make my own brackets out of some angle iron. The documentation that came with the DC as well as
what is available on the Oneida website archives has some information about how to install the brackets with this
DC, but not enough details to replicate their design. I was hoping someone on this forum who has one of these
machines supported by those brackets could take some measurements from their setup and provide me with more information.
The details I am looking for would be the dimensions of the angle iron, thickness of the metal, location and size
of holes and details about how the pieces are welded together. Photos would be useful, too.

Thanks to anyone who can lend a hand.

Larry
Pretty sure i have the bracket you are asking about.

Kind of tough to measure accurately with it jammed in the closet but here is what I came up with.

The main angle irons are 3/32" thick with each leg being 1 1/4".  The angle irons extend from the wall 16 1/4".  There is a hole at approximately 14" from the wall (more discussion later).

There is an entire plate across the wall with holes spaced for 16" studs.

There is also a top plate that is 3 1/2" wide that extends from the wall with a hole centered on the width and the correct distance in to accommodate the lip at the top of the cyclone.  (Hopefully that makes sense.)  I would make the bracket and then line up the cyclone on the bracket to mark that centered hole and the ones that are approximately 14" from the wall.

The entire bracket is 23 1/2" wide"

I would say that the top plate and the entire back assembly are thinner than the angle irons - so maybe 1/8".

If something isn't clear or you need more detail please ask.

edit to add: The vertical measurement is 16" overall

I looked at my owners manual and found a few more details.   It looks like those holes approximately 14" out from the wall are slotted.  Which makes perfect sense when you think about it.  And this just shows a nice 3D view of the whole thing without the cyclone in the way.  Also the p/n of the bracket is SMS200000 if it helps with any internet searches for more info.

There is another picture that calls out the back plate as 12 gauge.

My oneida cyclone is older by a few years.  It came with an angle iron bracket.  I always thought it was funny there was no bracing, it's just right angles.  It works though.
(04-09-2022, 04:06 PM)BrentDH Wrote: I looked at my owners manual and found a few more details.   It looks like those holes approximately 14" out from the wall are slotted.  Which makes perfect sense when you think about it.  And this just shows a nice 3D view of the whole thing without the cyclone in the way.  Also the p/n of the bracket is SMS200000 if it helps with any internet searches for more info.

There is another picture that calls out the back plate as 12 gauge.

Thanks for taking the time to measure the support bracket in your setup and sending the diagram from your owners manual. The photos you sent also 
answer some questions I had about diagonal bracing. The diagrams from either of our user manuals don't show that detail. From the Oneida owners manual
archives it looks like you have the 2 HP Commercial Cyclonic Dust Collector. The one piece bracket that came with your unit would probably work with mine.
I'll need to pursue that. It looks like my older model DC originally came with a pair of separate brackets made from a couple of pieces of angle iron. Armed
with your measurements I can probably cobble together a similar pair.
This is a link to the owners manual for my system.  Maybe this is helpful if you have the same one. 

https://www.oneida-air.com/amfile/file/d.../file/127/
(04-10-2022, 04:20 PM)EricU Wrote: My oneida cyclone is older by a few years.  It came with an angle iron bracket.  I always thought it was funny there was no bracing, it's just right angles.  It works though.

It sounds like you may have the same DC that I have. The copyright in the owners manual is from 2002. Based on the later Oneida bracket designs, I share your opinion
that I would have expected more diagonal bracing in the welded corner. My guess is that they transitioned to a single piece design to make it easier to mount the 
unit on a wall framed with studs on 16" centers and add support at the back of the mounting ring. At the risk of being redundant from the info BrentDH provided,
if you have a chance could you please measure the arm lengths on your brackets? Thanks.
Hi Larry - I may be able to assist you. I still have my unused wall bracket from my Oneida cyclone, and if you are intersted, you can have it for the cost of shipping (however, its not small or lightweight). Did you move forward with this project?
(04-18-2022, 11:25 AM)Cian Wrote: Hi Larry - I may be able to assist you.  I still have my unused wall bracket from my Oneida cyclone, and if you are intersted, you can have it for the cost of shipping (however, its not small or lightweight).  Did you move forward with this project?

Very generous, Cian!
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
After almost 20 years, my bracket was starting to sag so I added diagonal steel angles to to get it back to 90*

"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV