POWERMATIC 2014 Lathne
POWERMATIC 2014 lathe on stand for sale. Never been used. Owner upgraded about a year ago, mounted one blank on the lathe, then passed from COVID. On a stand, includes a NOVA chuck. Another SW Oklahoma woodworker and turner and I are selling off tools for the widow. A new 2014 on a stand goes for about $3100. Asking price on this one is $2700.
If their is interest please send a PM and I will put you in contact with the other person who is handling the sales. Lathe is located in the small SW Oklahoma town of Gracemont.

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
I took a load to Mission Tx helping a friend who had a relative pass and he had to be there and the load had to be in Tx. Straight down and back went through OKC both ways. If I had known I would have been there and talking. Thanks for giving  the widow a hand also.
(04-13-2022, 06:17 AM)Grey Mountain Wrote: Owner upgraded about a year ago, mounted one blank on the lathe, then passed from COVID.  

Been following this saga.  So sad, but always great to see Woodnetters actively helping out those in need.
(04-13-2022, 03:49 PM)Cian Wrote: Been following this saga.  So sad, but always great to see Woodnetters actively helping out those in need.

plus a bunch

If you want to offer in SnS any of the tools that you can shipp, you are more than welcome to do so.

If you consider doing that, you might want to check out the USPS supplies site for the Game Board Flat Rate boxes. They do not stock them in the post offices, but they will shipp a bundle of them to your home for free. They mail as a large flat rate box.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I am not handling any of the sales. It's being handled by a neighbor, who is not on Woodnet. He has already sold several items, including the Harbor Freight lathe that preceded the Powermatic. Thoughthe had the Powermatic sold, but the buyer could not come up with the cash. Some lowlife bottom feeder offered $1200. My friend said he would buy it himself and throw it in the river before he would let it go for that.
GM
Your friend is welcome here if he would like or it would help.

On that low-ball offer, good for your friend!

If someone is interested, a lathe like this is not hard to move in a minivan if you have a little help. When I moved my larger lathes, I put down a couple of sheets of 3/4 ply tied together with some deck screws through cleats to stop the parts from sliding around. The headstock goes upside down so that it is resting on a flat. The PM3520 traveled ~850 miles that way and the only problem was getting the bed out the back door of the van with the parking lot sloping down away from the shop door.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Powermatic 2014 is not at all hard to move. The heaviest part is the bed at 75lbs. I use mine on a bench built on the back porch of my shop. Every day it gets carried out and set up, every night it comes back in.
The lathe is in a large shop with an overhead chain hoist. Won't be hard to load at all, plus there is a lot of help to get it done. If anyone within say 100 miles or so of Gracemont, Oklahoma is seriously interested, I will provide delivery free of charge. Gracemont is 30 miles south of mile marker 100 on I-40 west of Oklahoma City. About six miles from my home. I have taken two Birdseye Maple partially finished platters that I will complete and give back to the widow, plus a piece of burl He had literally hundreds of burls...
There are many partially finished pieces that I will most likely finish for her. No charge, of course. Her husband was one of our county commissioners.

GM
Lathe sold -- $2000.

GM