Alternative to pressure treated
Metal posts set in concrete. Less expensive, longer lasting, and less maintenance.
(04-15-2022, 09:49 AM)Maddog Wrote: So I want to build a garden enclosure.
Bambi and all his relatives think they own the place and whatever is planted we did it for them.
Anyway my initial idea was 4 x 4 treated posts and hog wire. Easy enough but we have concerns with the chemicals in treated wood and I get that. The area is right next to our pond and we don’t bad stuff leaching into it.
Anyway went to our local cedar supplier to price out 8 foot 4 x 4’s
Holy crap! 60 bucks each !
Does that sound normal? I didn’t ask if it was rough or clear or tight knot or whatever.
The sales guy said there’s a home owners version of treated that doesn’t have all the bad stuff in it.
What do you all think of that? This place is strictly cedar and the other local place didn’t have “homeowners grade” CCA or nothing.
Anyway looking for any other ideas.
I’m tempted to bite the bullet and buy the cedar.
12 ft x 6 ft is the area

Thanks!

Dog?

I built 8 chairs around our firepit last year and I used 5" x 5" 8 FEET posts.  Called a local fence company.  IIRC, I paid 30ish/post.

Try a fence company.
Dumber than I appear