Rockwell Radial Drill Press Motor Bearing Replacement
I am planning on replacing the motor bearings on my Rockwell Radial Drill Press that is equipped with a Leeson motor. Below is the nameplate. I thought it might be convenient to have the replacement bearings on hand when I take the motor apart. I did a lengthy web search for the bearings, based on the Rockwell motor number (62-142) and the Leeson Motor Number (I am guessing it is the M4C17DH12A number) but could find nothing.

Any way to identify these bearings, short of disassembling the motor?

Thanks!

Look for the frame number LS56

*I believe the LS refers to length of shaft and maybe mounting feet but you need to check that. Call a bearing supply and they can probably give you the information.
(04-15-2022, 10:27 AM)Philip1231 Wrote: I am planning on replacing the motor bearings on my Rockwell Radial Drill Press that is equipped with a Leeson motor. Below is the nameplate. I thought it might be convenient to have the replacement bearings on hand when I take the motor apart. I did a lengthy web search for the bearings, based on the Rockwell motor number (62-142) and the Leeson Motor Number (I am guessing it is the M4C17DH12A number) but could find nothing.

Any way to identify these bearings, short of disassembling the motor?

Thanks!

Motors like that usually used two 6203 shielded but I would prefer sealed.  There's really no way to be 100% sure but if you had a couple of 6203s ready to go, odds are that's what you need.  I've had my share of surprises in the past when I had the 203s ready to go, so I was still in the take down and measure stage.  A good NTN from Accurate Bearing is less than $7.00.
Bob:

It need up that they were 77203's (Hoover, part of Timken I think). I ordered a pair of NSK 6203's (made in Japan) from Amazon late yesterday and they arrived as I was taking the motor apart today. Got it back together and it seems to work nicely. Thanks for your assistance.

Phil