Free Mortise machine (santa cruz)
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/zip/d/s...11861.html

Free! Works, is heavy need to people to lift it or a lift gate

[Image: 00v0v_96PKTlKpy1Gz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg]
[Image: 00B0B_ffpqwOphzcVz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg]
[Image: 00H0H_cnn9R2QcSjAz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(04-17-2022, 01:23 PM)Bob10 Wrote: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/zip/d/s...861.htmlmg]
Are you sure it's not a horizontal boring machine? Most mortise machines operate on the vertical. Is there a pedal that moves the bit in/out ?
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.
(04-22-2022, 11:46 PM)TraditionalToolworks Wrote: Are you sure it's not a horizontal boring machine? Most mortise machines operate on the vertical. Is there a pedal that moves the bit in/out ?

Not my machine the owner can call it whatever he likes
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(04-23-2022, 12:25 AM)Bob10 Wrote: Not my machine the owner can call it whatever he likes
I was tempted to respond as I would love to have it, but I just don't have any space until I can get my new shop built, I have several machines better than this that out outside with tarps over them waiting to be moved. It's gonna be a while before I have a place when the new shop is built. My home shop, which is just over the hill from Santa Cruz is packed to the gills, I only have 1/2 of a 2 car garage.

What's cool to me is that Davis & Wells was located very close to where my family owned a liquor store and where I worked for about 10-15 years of my life when I was younger. We were located at Long Beach Blvd & Tweedy. Alameda was only a short walk from Long Beach Blvd. There were many plants back in the day along Alameda as the train tracks run to Long Beach, that's how America got product to the docs in those days. We used to cash checks for the GM workers and they would come in everyone morning and night to buy liquor on their breaks. Sometimes 1 guy would come in and buy a load of liquor for a department, like 8 half pints, a few pints, 2 six packs of beer, some wine or even mixed drinks in a can...etc...me thinks America was lucky some of the cars held together...

Davis & Wells was a machine manufacturer that was also along Alameda to facilitate the train to get product to the docks in Long Beach.

Didn't realize it wasn't your machine, my bad.
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.