forum category for professionals
Thanks so much for chiming in everyone. This is the sort of insight I was hoping for. Considering it would take quite a bit of chatter and momentum to get a new forum category going, I like the idea of a 3 letter prefix to indicate the topic. The fact that this practice would make similar threads easily searchable makes it an even better idea. I like the RAB prefix that Gary suggested, but I'll have to do a little research, as iclark suggested, to see if it hits on a letter combination that's super common. The first thing that comes to mind is 'rabbet' but maybe not too many thread titles have that particular word.

I have never considered "off-topic" as a place to pose this sort of question. I typically don't spend time in there.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
Brick 
Cian's suggestion of using the "Brick" Post Icon (next to the last choice) is a good one.

Nothing wrong with combining the Post Icon with a 3-letter Subject prefix.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.