designing upholstery in Sketchup
I'm putting together an estimate for a client for an upholstered bench and she'd like a detailed model, including the button-tufted back. My Sketchup skills are respectable but I've not found the resources or time to teach myself how to draw upholstered furniture. What I'd like most is to share the work I've done so far with someone who's capable of adding in the bench seat and back. The next best option would be to get some tips and assistance to learn it on my own. So, anyone out there mastered Sketchup well enough to draw upholstery?
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
(04-18-2022, 09:53 PM)mr_skittle Wrote: I'm putting together an estimate for a client for an upholstered bench and she'd like a detailed model, including the button-tufted back. My Sketchup skills are respectable but I've not found the resources or time to teach myself how to draw upholstered furniture. What I'd like most is to share the work I've done so far with someone who's capable of adding in the bench seat and back. The next best option would be to get some tips and assistance to learn it on my own. So, anyone out there mastered Sketchup well enough to draw upholstery?

Dave Richards comes to mind.  Might go by DaveR1 on here.  Very knowledgeable on SketchUp and always willing to help.  

John