Group of NOS Japanese saws - Sold
liquidation continues, found these 3 NOS saws in drawer of my toolchest - unused
- Razorsaw GYOKUCHO 240mm trim saw #311 - 21 tpi, 9 1/2" blade, retail $49
- 6" blade, ? 27 tpi, all package label in Japanese & cannot read, retail ??
- 8" blade, ? 27 tpi, same as above, retail ??
sell the group of 3 (NOS in original packing) for $50 + sh/ppf

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-19-2022, 11:00 AM)rayknight Wrote: liquidation continues, found these 3 NOS saws in drawer of my toolchest - unused
- Razorsaw GYOKUCHO 240mm trim saw #311 - 21 tpi, 9 1/2" blade, retail $49
- 6" blade, ? 27 tpi, all package label in Japanese & cannot read, retail ??
- 8" blade, ? 27 tpi, same as above, retail ??
sell the group of 3 (NOS in original packing) for $50 + sh/ppf

Sending PM to purchase.
Wow. Lots of good hand tool deals coming through the S&S lately. Kinda glad I'm not here all that often. 
Laugh
(04-19-2022, 04:16 PM)Cian Wrote: Wow. Lots of good hand tool deals coming through the S&S lately. Kinda glad I'm not here all that often. 
Laugh
I don't come around here too often either, but have been hanging out here some...I was asking about you in one of the Hand Tool threads. Good to see your name!
Winkgrin

Hope all is well with you!
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.
(04-21-2022, 06:04 PM)TraditionalToolworks Wrote: I don't come around here too often either, but have been hanging out here some...I was asking about you in one of the Hand Tool threads. Good to see your name!
Winkgrin

Hope all is well with you!

Thanks, Alan. Yup, still around. I'm annoyingly hard to get rid of. 
Laugh 
Wink
(04-21-2022, 08:43 PM)Cian Wrote: Thanks, Alan. Yup, still around. I'm annoyingly hard to get rid of. 
Laugh 
Wink
Funny thing is, I was so envious of you back in the early to mid 2000s, when you were converting your basement into a shop. I was drooling over how much space you actually had, I still am using half of a 2 car garage and it is packed to the gills.

I'm build a home/shop to retire to and I just got a building permit to add a 30x40 shop, 12' walls and 2 11' rollups to drive a truck and trailer through to move machines and circle around the property to head back out to the road. Both the shop and the home will overlook Clear Lake in NorCal. (home foundation is in, as well as electricity and water.

I do a lot of work by hand, and I had been planning to use the full walkout basement for the shop, but it was just going to be too difficult to get the heavy machines up the driveway and down into the basement. It's pretty steep.

All my power machines and fab tools will go into the shop. All my woodworking hand tools are going into half the basement. The property is 3 hours from my house in Silicon Valley.

I know you have those Nordic saws, also. Leif was a great help when I was starting to make saws of my own. Such a nice and helpful guy.

The saws in this thread were really inexpensive, 3 for $50 ??? Someone got a deal on them, even a Gyokucho razor saws are about $50 these days. Japanese tools are not gonna get any cheaper with the economy collapse. And since fuel prices are through the roof, it's puttin' a hurtin' on everything, even if the products don't ship from Japan.
Rolleyes

EDIT: strange, this is the 2nd post that Woodnet replaced "s h i p" with "*****", it somehow thinks it is the S-word...LOL But since when it "s h i p" profanity?
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.