Re-saw fence
(04-28-2022, 09:34 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Does it require repositioning?  IOW if you started with a 2" thick board is there enough capability when the board is 1/2" or do you have to move the jig?

Yes, after every cut.  I was going to redesign in with softer, longer springs so that it could do multiple passes w/o having to reposition it, but never have.  It's just not that big a deal to slide it over.  I think John L. said he gets several cuts with his before having to reposition it.  

John
(04-28-2022, 10:36 AM)jteneyck Wrote: The Trimaster is not a fast cutting blade.  It wasn't even designed for wood though it does cut wood fine.  If you want to get fast and incredibly smooth cuts get a Woodmaster CT. If your saw can apply 25 ksi on a 1" blade get the 1" x 1.3 tpi one.  If not, get the 3/4" x 2 tpi.  Both blades require power to cut fast, at least 3 hp if you are trying to cut 10" or more.  

John

Wow, if that's correct I'm really surprised b/c The TM was actually suggested to me over the CT by 3 guys on Lumberjocks. One of the guys I really respect his opinion.

But I respect yours, too, sir :-)

I use a push block as wide as the board and it seems to work pretty good. I'm running them through the planer and/or drum sander.
(05-02-2022, 01:45 PM)rwe2156 Wrote: Wow, if that's correct I'm really surprised b/c The TM was actually suggested to me over the CT by 3 guys on Lumberjocks.  One of the guys I really respect his opinion.

But I respect yours, too, sir  :-)

I use a push block as wide as the board and it seems to work pretty good.  I'm running them through the planer and/or drum sander.

Some folks argue the vari tooth spacing of the TriMaster results in smoother cutting, but it's definitely not a fast cutting blade.  I like the Woodmaster CT because it cuts smoothly and is fast.  And it's much cheaper than the TriMaster because it has fewer teeth.  That likely means it will dull more quickly, but I typically cut at least a thousand square feet with it before I notice it's dull, and with fewer teeth I can resharpen it myself.  Seems like a winning combination to me.  

These are typical results I get with it.  Hard to imagine the TriMaster can cut smoother than this.  

[Image: AM-JKLVIrtv_nzQr0kuDT67frVR6tfMWaGg7i5ps...authuser=1]

[Image: AM-JKLWrKwJFwxzZ5LYsQqq8jLawhwblDrshHdcC...authuser=1]

[Image: AM-JKLUVnXnuTJ4f-Yt8Y6IfM20iDstubq8el6R6...authuser=1]

Spectrum Supply has the lowest prices on the Woodmaster CT that I've found.  

John
(05-02-2022, 06:29 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Some folks argue the vari tooth spacing of the TriMaster results in smoother cutting, but it's definitely not a fast cutting blade.  I like the Woodmaster CT because it cuts smoothly and is fast.  And it's much cheaper than the TriMaster because it has fewer teeth.  That likely means it will dull more quickly, but I typically cut at least a thousand square feet with it before I notice it's dull, and with fewer teeth I can resharpen it myself.  Seems like a winning combination to me.  

These are typical results I get with it.  Hard to imagine the TriMaster can cut smoother than this...

Wow. That is amazingly smooth. I will have to try a Woodmaster CT.
(05-03-2022, 08:15 AM)Cian Wrote: Wow. That is amazingly smooth. I will have to try a Woodmaster CT.

As long as your saw is stout enough to put at least 20 ksi (I run 24 - 25) on it and has enough HP you won't be disappointed.  

I just realized those were made before I built the tall featherboard.  All I had was that low featherboard holding the bottom of the board against the fence.  So you don't need that tall featherboard to make really good slices, but it's mindlessly simple if you do.  

John