More on saw straightening with Paul Sellers
(04-21-2022, 06:24 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Mainly wear a Hamilton mechanical- something just right starting the day with winding your watch.  Nice throw back to simpler times!
Interesting...I have a 50s Hamilton I used to wear all the time. (hey, a pun?) It's gold plated and very thin, the reason I liked it. Also wind up of course, don't think we have electronic watches at that time...but unfortunately no date.
No

I had better exit stage left before the off topic police show up!
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.
(04-21-2022, 06:42 PM)TraditionalToolworks Wrote: Interesting...I have a 50s Hamilton I used to wear all the time. (hey, a pun?) It's gold plated and very thin, the reason I liked it. Also wind up of course, don't think we have electronic watches at that time...but unfortunately no date.
No

I had better exit stage left before the off topic police show up!

But the watches we speak of are truly neanderthal!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(04-22-2022, 04:03 AM)Tony Z Wrote: But the watches we speak of are truly neanderthal!

I still have a 21 jewel Bulova wristwatch I bought on liberty in Japan back in 1951 on the way to Korean war..The transport shipp docked in Yokohama...It is "self-winding" and still runs if you wear it long enough to wind it. You can feel the counterbalance "swinging around" when you move your arm.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(04-20-2022, 10:04 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ........................
Ummmm....OK.
Laugh

Oops, posted to the wrong forum!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
This shows how people can follow others blindly without questions. Look at how many people kept on talking about watches in a hand saw thread!

Simon
(04-22-2022, 08:31 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: This shows how people can follow others blindly without questions. Look at how many people kept on talking about watches in a hand saw thread!

Simon

Yep...I'm surprised the Woodnet Police didn't step in and slap us around a bit for not staying on topic...
Rolleyes
Laugh
Laugh

Get off my lawn !
Upset

(04-22-2022, 09:33 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ..........
Yep...I'm surprised the Woodnet Police didn't step in and slap us around a bit for not staying on topic...
Rolleyes
Laugh
Laugh

I don't know Jack.....I generally time myself for each saw stroke.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(04-22-2022, 09:33 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ..........
Rolleyes
Laugh
Laugh

since you asked (and called us "Police"), here ya go

Slap

Alan: where did you mean to put your reply that forked this thread?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(04-22-2022, 08:48 PM)iclark Wrote: since you asked (and called us "Police"), here ya go

Slap

Alan: where did you mean to put your reply that forked this thread?

Ouch...that hurted!!!!!
Crazy

Get off my lawn !
Upset