Powermatic 29 spindle HELP
I bought one recently....without a spindle.  Many websites listed the 1 1/4" for sale, but I've come to find out they....nor Powermatic have any.  Furhermore, there is no suggested substitution.  ANY solutions or suggestions are more than welcome...please help me...
Looks to be in-stock at ereplacement.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
That's not the correct spindle.. The part number is 6293199. It was easy to find places whose website SAYS it's available. ALL of these places apparently drop shipped and Powermatic doesn't have any.
(04-21-2022, 02:10 AM)iclark Wrote: Looks to be in-stock at ereplacement.
Here is the correct one

Attached Files Image(s)

Is there a particular reason that you need that specific size?

Southern Tool
sells the PM29 with 3 spindles: 3/4", 1", and 1-1/4"
That webpage offers the 1" and the 1-1/4" spindles as accessories.

If you already have a large selection of cutters with 1-1/4" hub, someone that has a PM29 would have to say whether ot not you can use a spindle bushing on a 3/4" or a 1" spindle (like lots of us have to do on our RAS).

I did not try placing an order just to see if it was in stock.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

(04-21-2022, 05:28 PM)iclark Wrote: Is there a particular reason that you need that specific size?

Southern Tool
sells the PM29 with 3 spindles: 3/4", 1", and 1-1/4"
That webpage offers the 1" and the 1-1/4" spindles as accessories.

If you already have a large selection of cutters with 1-1/4" hub, someone that has a PM29 would have to say whether ot not you can use a spindle bushing on a 3/4" or a 1" spindle (like lots of us have to do on our RAS).

I did not try placing an order just to see if it was in stock.
This was to be my first shaper. I believe that the 1", as you said, is available. I looked, previous to buying this, about spindle size and concluded for myself I wanted 1.25. As of right now..however..I'm all about a solution to my current problem and appreciate what you are saying.
It would be a long-shot, but it would not hurt to post a WTB (want to buy) in SnS for the spindle that you want. There might be someone who doesn't use the larger spindle or who is parting out a PM29.

Someone else may comment about whether or not a PM29 is old enough to be in-scope for OWWM. Where does the placard on yours say that it was made? That matters more on Old WoodWorking Machines than it does on many other forums.

(04-21-2022, 11:32 PM)iclark Wrote: It would be a long-shot, but it would not hurt to post a WTB (want to buy) in SnS for the spindle that you want. There might be someone who doesn't use the larger spindle or who is parting out a PM29.

Someone else may comment about whether or not a PM29 is old enough to be in-scope for OWWM. Where does the placard on yours say that it was made? That matters more on Old WoodWorking Machines than it does on many other forums.

It's made in Taiwan.  I found the guy who bought up Powermatic's NOS supply for USA parts.  He didn't get back to me, so I surmise he doesn't have one.
My Delta came with a 1.25 spindle, the cost of cutters was much higher than 3/4". I found a 3/4 spindle pretty quick.

Do you really need that size?

Ed