Small hallway end table
My first attempt at making an end table. Honey locust I milled from a large tree branch I trimmed in my yard last summer and a river edge of Alumilite Deep Pour resin. The frame was something I welded up for this project. The tabletop measures 31.5 x 9 inch
(04-21-2022, 10:11 AM)mtrainer90 Wrote: My first attempt at making an end table. Honey locust I milled from a large tree branch I trimmed in my yard last summer and a river edge of Alumilite Deep Pour resin. The frame was something I welded up for this project. The tabletop measures 31.5 x 9 inch

2 questions:

1) Did you let the wood dry long enough??

2) isn't it a little top heavy/prone to tipping over?
Dumber than I appear
(04-21-2022, 01:47 PM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: 2 questions:

1) Did you let the wood dry long enough??

2) isn't it a little top heavy/prone to tipping over?

1. Yes, my dates and math were a little off. It was milled out 2 years ago not one. It was only about an inch thick, so by the roughly 1 inch per year wood dries plus it being dried in my music room that has a dehumidifier, it was more than dry. I forget what the moisture meter read.

2. Again its a some what thin piece of wood so it doesn't have that much mass at the top. The frame is steel so it is fairly heavy. It is quite stable on a solid surface, I don't think I would put it on carpet but for what I built it for it is fine.
Nice video , I really enjoyed!
What the Heck, Give it a Try