Round & Round
"Round & Round"
This segmented piece is made from Teak there are 96 circles and 224 pieces all together. It was glued up and turned in sections all turned using carbide cutters without a steady rest, the finished size is 7 1/2" x 9" tall and finished with satin lacquer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow..............................
Very unique. Looks awesome. If you don't mind telling, how did you do the circles. That is sure to catch everyones attention
(04-22-2022, 11:51 AM)Turner52 Wrote: Very unique. Looks awesome. If you don't mind telling, how did you do the circles. That is sure to catch everyones attention

Turner 52 the circles were cut out first with a hole saw on the drill press then a jig was made for each size and the center was drilled out. then the glue up was done one section at a time then the rings were turned down to 1/4" thick and the next row was started and so on.
Bruce, you are amazing!  Has anyone ever accused you of thinking "inside" the box?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Wow!

Excellent execution of a fun concept.

My carbide turnings always seem to have fuzzies on one edge.
Sigh
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Thanks guys, I sharpen mine on a diamond card Clark ,a photo on my new lathe

Attached Files Image(s)