Paul Sellers sharpening system, which diamond stones?
(07-10-2022, 12:09 PM)Ricky Wrote: It's all good bud.  I use a hybrid of what I learn from experienced craftsman/teachers like Sellers, Cosman, and the late Charlesworth in regard to sharpening methods.  Also from people on this forum like Jack and others that like to share their way of skinning a cat. 

Yes

others that like to share their way of skinning a cat.

I agree with that, Ricky..I'll take ideas or suggestions from wherever I find them. I think that's how we all learn. Sometimes you CAN teach an old dog new tricks..if he's willing to listen.. Youtube is an excellent example of that..I have learned lots of new things from YT. It has saved my bacon a number of times...especially when it comes to computers.. If we all did only what we know, we would never learn better ways of doing things...Best to keep an open mind...no ONE person knows it all....
Winkgrin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(07-10-2022, 12:09 PM)Ricky Wrote: It's all good bud.  I use a hybrid of what I learn from experienced craftsman/teachers like Sellers, Cosman, and the late Charlesworth in regard to sharpening methods.  Also from people on this forum like Jack and others that like to share their way of skinning a cat. 

Yes

I hear you.  Other than for a few, short insignificant detours I still use the proverbial "cycle oil that comes in small tins" that English authors always seem to mention.  

Hard to beat 3-in-1. And you can get it at the grocery store or drug store.

The only diamond stone I've ever had, some El Cheapo model, ended up in the garbage can the same day I got it.