Plans for outside playhouse?
I promised my five-year old that I would building him a castle.  This is the sketch we came up with:

My drafting skills are a tad limited.  I have no idea how to build this. I've never framed a wall or built stairs, etc.  The goal is to have it 8' wide and 6' deep.  With a second floor walkway/rampart for defense of the castle.  
I did some google searches for outdoor playhouses, but couldn't find the kind of structure I wanted.  I figured you all might be able to point me in the right direction.

You may not find plans for exactly what you want in terms of appearance. However, if you do some searching on how to build play houses in general, or storage sheds, or house construction for that matter. you will find all of the construction methods, materials, and techniques you need. You will then only need to be a bit inventive to get the final shape you want. It should require nothing more than typical frame construction unless you are thinking about concrete blocks.
https://paulsplayhouses.com/collections/...ouse-plans
Plenty of YouTube videos showing wall construction, including framing windows/doors.

Watch deck building for inside stairs/walkways.

Get a sheet of graph paper and layout exterior walls with windows/doors/cutouts for top.
Frame interior to match the exterior.

Have some fun designing by watching the videos with your son and get his ideas as well.
Does your 5yo really want a 2-story playhouse or would he be happier with a swing/slide set that has a castle turret and platform at one end (with the slide exiting it)?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
He wants a castle with a slide and zip line. I don’t think I can do a slide, and I’m pretty sure a zip line isn’t in the cards. (The neighbors have a swing set.)
Thanks for the pointers.

Buy a plastic slide and mount to the castle.  They just screw down to a horizontal surface that's approximately the right height.  You may even find one used as they're expensive and don't wear out under normal use.  Put it out to the side or the front in place of one of the turrets.  Bonus points for making the slide come out of a tall window in the turret. 

The main question to answer is the height of the ceiling of the first floor.  The taller the ceiling, the longer he'll be able to fit under it.  But the taller the ceiling, the shorter the 2nd story wall will be (if you keep the overall height at 8' like your drawing).  Then you have to ask yourself if he'll still be playing in the playhouse when he's that tall/old. 

I'd consider the possibility of being able to knock some of the 2nd story wall down and put a roof what's left.  In 5-10 years, instead of a castle, he might rather have a clubhouse.  Or perhaps you would need a storage shed. 

I built my two girls a homebrew playhouse about 6 years ago when they were 3 & 6.  Based off of a raised 4' x 6' platform complete with monkey  bars, a slide, and a swing set off to the side.  6 years later, they still play on it, but just the swings.  I believe the excitement of 4'-5' tall backyard slide will wear off very quickly. 

It seems your son is imaginative & creative to want a castle.  I'd try to make the castle interactive if I could.  Lots of small arched windows.  Would probably rig up a fold up door.  Make a few blunt wooden swords.  Maybe get a CNC guy to rout a "family crest". Not sure of any other castle-y things.  But sounds like an interesting (and tedious) project. 

It's only money. Last thought, a ladder would be easier to build than stairs. Perhaps a nearly vertical set of stairs that's actually just a leaning ladder.
For not much cost, you can buy shed plans at Lowe’s and probably adapt them to your needs.

Once you start doing some framing, you’ll see it’s not rocket science.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(04-25-2022, 08:55 AM)David Stone Wrote: I promised my five-year old that I would building him a castle.  This is the sketch we came up with:

My drafting skills are a tad limited.  I have no idea how to build this. I've never framed a wall or built stairs, etc.  The goal is to have it 8' wide and 6' deep.  With a second floor walkway/rampart for defense of the castle.  
I did some google searches for outdoor playhouses, but couldn't find the kind of structure I wanted.  I figured you all might be able to point me in the right direction.

I did a search around the internet and I found something which is relatively close to what you have in mind : LINK REMOVED

I hope that helps
Report me if I post links.