Dewalt saw modification
I have owned this Dewalt model DW744 job site saw, for many years. I have always had trouble getting the blade at 90 degrees to the table. The adjustment mechanism was kind-a hokey in my opinion. I removed the eccentric wheel and made a micro adjustment. I can turn either acorn nut, depending on which way it needs to go. I hope to some day have a uni-saw, or a Powermatic. My plans are to use this saw mainly for dado cuts, so having the blade at 90 was important to me. I have the degree pointer, and crank off for the pic.

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut, and have the world think you a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
I had the same problem but was not as smart as you.  I found a nice Jet table saw on Craig's List and gave away the DeWalt.

Smart thinking on your part..
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood