Cracked and sinking concrete floor
(05-03-2022, 08:45 PM)JDuke Wrote: You may also want to look at foam concrete leveling.

Not really a DIY project, but they have some pretty dense foams that they shoot out of setups similar to what they foam insulate with.

What he said. I had my front walkway approaching my front stoop raised by this method. Fairly common fix for what the OP described.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8aqUTXIpSo
(05-13-2022, 11:02 AM)Cian Wrote: What he said. I had my front walkway approaching my front stoop raised by this method. Fairly common fix for what the OP described.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8aqUTXIpSo

That works well in your situation. But broken, sinking areas on a large slab is a different animal. I'm guessing you had to move one single piece of concrete, not pieces of concrete.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I watched the video Cian linked to along with a few others. Some were serious hack jobs but they still used foam to support the slab and it worked well enough for them. I worked on a large machine pad at Sig Sauer that needed vibration isolation from the rest of the shop floor. The Engineers approved the use of Dow Great Stuff (pro gaps and cracks -fire rated) to seal gaps between the (basically) rubber blocks that created the  16' x 26' x 3' form to keep concrete from seeping out of or under the blocks. Even when poured in multiple lifts, that's a lot of outward pressure near the bottom. That got me checking the product specifications. Compressive strength is 9.3 P.S.I., or 1,339.2 Lb.s /per square foot. I don't think I'd use it on a driveway, but maybe in a corner of my shop. Hey, for $5 and a half-hour, if it eliminated a tripping hazard 'til I overloaded it and had to do it right, I think it would be money well spent.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Decided to do it right and bust out the old and pack in sand and repour. Drilled some half inch rebar holes and found some scrap concrete wire to use. I don't have a tamper so used a 5 gal bucket about 3/4 full to pack the sand. Concrete company said they would bring over some left over from other jobs. Did it Friday about mid morning. Cost was $125. 

Thanks for the replies.
Cool deal. I've got some concrete work coming up, not looking forward to it.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay