Gas Water Heater w/NO electronics?
Are there any natural gas water heaters on the market anymore that do not use any electronics?
Everything I'm finding so far at least has an electronic gas valve. 

The one I had at my old house (bought in 2009) had absolutely no electronics, so we always had hot water when the power was out.
Ray
Home Depot here has a 40 gal natural gas that doesn't need electricity, 020352641058 is the upc code on it.  They have other sizes too.
(05-13-2022, 08:27 AM)harderhandyman Wrote: Home Depot here has a 40 gal natural gas that doesn't need electricity, 020352641058 is the upc code on it.  They have other sizes too.

KEWL! THANKS!
I just couldn't find it on my own without that UPC. 
I'm tempted to buy three so I have two more then the first one dies because by then these things might just not be manufactured at all.
Ray
Seems like Bradford White still makes them too.

https://www.bradfordwhite.com/profession...c-vent-gas
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
Agree with Firewood. Had one installed in my parents house before we sold it 6 years ago. I will be having same put in my house this year. In fact will be calling the installers this week.
John T.
A.O. Smith Direct Vent/Atmospheric Vent Water Heaters

GE Direct Vent/Atmospheric Water Heaters

Bradford White Direct Vent/Atmospheric Water Heaters
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Why not put on with just the electronic valve on a battery backup? Should be more than enough to operate just the valve, you could either use on intened for computers or even one made for sump-pump that auto detects power outage. Get at least a modern valve/pilot and still have hot water.
(05-24-2022, 08:16 AM)vernonator Wrote: Why not put on with just the electronic valve on a battery backup? Should be more than enough to operate just the valve, you could either use on intened for computers or even one made for sump-pump that auto detects power outage. Get at least a modern valve/pilot and still have hot water.

I was planning on doing that that if I had to ... but i don't 
Cool
I got the one above from HD. 
thanks everyone for your replies!
Ray