Johnson Paste Wax is discontinued
(05-17-2022, 10:28 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I grabbed the last can of Johnson's at my local hardware...$8.49. Thanks for the heads up. I'm not dismissing the Lundwax suggestion, but Johnson's has worked well for me for many years as a hobbyist so I'll stick with it as long as i have some.

BTW, I searched Lundmark at Walmart and found their page at $13.30, but out of stock. Is it possible it was a third party seller that had for $47?

Quite possible it was a 3rd party seller. That's our marketplace right now, isn't it?
(05-17-2022, 09:30 AM)kurt18947 Wrote: How about at $47.06 for 1 lb. from Walmart? We've used HF Staples crystal clear paste wax from Woodcraft ($14.99). SWMBO liked it a little better than Johnson's on cabinetry.

Edit: Shame on Wally World. Amazon has it for $26.81

Walmart sells just about everything online - even if it's not stocked in their stores.  They just buy it from a third party seller, then add profit margin to the cost.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
For SC Johnson Paste Wax, check out your local Ace Hardware store. My local store had several cans available - limit of one per customer, but only $8.99 per can. For that price, if you want to stock up, just drive to a different store and pay cash.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(05-23-2022, 08:21 AM)AHill Wrote: For SC Johnson Paste Wax, check out your local Ace Hardware store.  My local store had several cans available - limit of one per customer, but only $8.99 per can.  For that price, if you want to stock up, just drive to a different store and pay cash.

Thanks for the idea, however, swing and a miss at our local Ace...
Will keep my eyes open for other possibilities...