Looking for Toy Box Plans
I've done several Google searches. There are some out there but nothing I like. I'm usually pretty good at finding plans but not this time. Anyone have plans, pics or links that I could look at? TIA Ray
I cut it three times & it's still too short!
I built one for each of the grandkids. 18" high x 18" deep x 36" long. Domed lid and slow closers. Used box joints on the corners. Daughters wanted domed lid so they didn't collect toys.
For me half fun was the design. Did stress out my geometry figuring out slats for the lid
Roger

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your rear tomorrow.

9-11 Never forget
(05-17-2022, 08:50 PM)firefighter Wrote: I built one for each of the grandkids. 18" high x 18" deep x 36" long. Domed lid and slow closers. Used box joints on the corners. Daughters wanted domed lid so they didn't collect toys.
For me half fun was the design. Did stress out my geometry figuring out slats for the lid

Thanks Roger.
I saw this in a forum once and saved the picture in my "inspiration" folder.  I thought it was very impressive.   The original poster of this picture credited this website with his starting point.

[font="Times New Roman", serif]http://www.cherrytreetoys.com/Noahs-Ark-Toy-Chest-Plan-P2733.aspx

[/font]

Here’s ours , I really like this cutout for lifting the lid and carry slots .

Attached Files Image(s)

What the Heck, Give it a Try
Cool ideas! Thanks!
Haven't been on this site in ages and this thread caught my eye.  I was shocked to see a picture of the toy box I made about 10 years ago.  Thank goodness I only have two grandchildren and only had to make one more.  The animals are all intarsia, no stain or paint involved.  I think the zebra was about 80 pieces and took me about 8 hours.  Additional pictures are on my website - waarawoodworking.weebly.com.  Thanks for making my day!!
I made this one about 16 years ago using ash.  No plans, just did what I thought would be a nice size..

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-19-2022, 07:42 AM)gene waara Wrote: Haven't been on this site in ages and this thread caught my eye.  I was shocked to see a picture of the toy box I made about 10 years ago.  Thank goodness I only have two grandchildren and only had to make one more.  The animals are all intarsia, no stain or paint involved.  I think the zebra was about 80 pieces and took me about 8 hours.  Additional pictures are on my website - waarawoodworking.weebly.com.  Thanks for making my day!!

Gene.  Glad you happened to see it.  Ten years ago...   My how time passes quickly.  When I first saw this toy box it made a big impact on me.  Now whenever I think of "toy box" yours is the one that immediately pops into my mind.
All great projects! I like tolook at what others have done & plans if available. Best way for me to get ideas. Thanks again folks ?