Jet 10-20 plus drum sander repair?
(06-12-2022, 11:59 PM)paul2004 Wrote: Here's how to set your belt to track perfectly.
I don't have a Jet, but I imagine this is similar to all drum sanders.
On mine, there's nuts that run on threaded rod which adjust the tension on each side.
I measure the amount of thread with digital calipers on each side. write it down.
Then after using it, it will drift left or right slightly. You will probably have to loosen the tension on both sides to slide the belt back in place.
After you slide the belt back to center, if the belt drifted right, either make the right side slightly more tension or the left side slightly looser (you wrote down the measurements
from the last time).  Keep a log of all your measurements, and which way it drifted on each one.. After 6-10 adjustments, you will get it to track perfectly (by zeroing in on the "perfect" tension for each side).
I did it on mine (performax), and it has been tracking perfectly for about 5 years now. It was a mess tracking when I first bought it.
Try it and good luck.

Glad to know there is at least some science to the tracking, not just voodoo guesswork