Cosman's AdjuSTAR - Improvement or Gimmick?
If you can turn the adjusting knob with one finger, it is not too tight.  If you need a thumb and finger it is too tight.
It's all wood.
Shhhh. How can Rob sell his stars if everybody spills the top secret out in a public domain? :-)

Simon
(06-01-2022, 01:25 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: How do I know if it is to tight or to light?  If I need to move it I just loosen the screws and adjust and then tighten them back.  I guess it was from a long time ago the frog was moving all over the place and when I finally got it right I snugged it down and have been doing it that way ever since.   So hence my question.

Not talking about the frog screws, but the lever cap.  When the lever cap pressure is about right, you can still move the iron from side to side by hand (not using the lateral adjustment lever), though with some force.  It also shouldn't take all the strength you have in your thumb to snap it down.  Somebody with significant arthritis in their hand (like me) should be able to snap it down with no problem.
What would Chris Schwartz say???
Smile

Doug
Good call?......judging from some of the things he sells or helps sell.

Simon