David Charlesworth - died May 22
David Charlesworth died May 22nd of this year.

David Charlesworth
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(05-25-2022, 05:27 PM)Rob Young Wrote: David Charlesworth died May 22nd of this year.

David Charlesworth

Sad
Sad...RIP
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Rob, sorry to hear.  Nice guy, and loved his approach.
(05-25-2022, 05:27 PM)Rob Young Wrote: David Charlesworth died May 22nd of this year.

David Charlesworth

Sad RIP
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Wow. I had not heard that. He was a great instructor, albeit a very low key delivery. His "ruler trick" might be one of the more controversial subjects over the years. I liked that he explains why he did things the way he did.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(05-26-2022, 06:41 AM)AHill Wrote: Wow.  I had not heard that.  He was a great instructor, albeit a very low key delivery.  His "ruler trick" might be one of the more controversial subjects over the years.  I liked that he explains why he did things the way he did.

I liked that his favorite marking knife was made from an old kitchen paring knife.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Sorry to hear it.  I was away this weekend (went to Maine for a wedding).   I took along a book I bought like 15 years ago that was basically 
a compellation of many of his articles.  Early Sunday morning (on the 22nd)  I was reading it in the hotel room.
Ohh man.  
Sad
Quercus magazine (in the UK) will be devoting its next issue to the memory of David Charlesworth - I believe the edition is July/August.

https://quercusmagazine.com/

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Thanks for the headsup. A last minute change because the current issue says Tom Nielsen will be featured next.

The magazine is worth my subscription after dropping all others by me in recent years for its good mix of topics, by so many different or fresh contributors from everywhere (not just UK). Most other magazines are "tired" with the same few inhouse writers or usual gang, or repeated (recycled) subjects and projects.

Simon