New Water Heater
In the market for a new electric water heater. Would like to hit the "sweet spot" between cost, efficiency and reliability. Been a while since I've bought one so looking for recommendations.

Thanks,

Doug

P.S. Also posted in OT.
Rheem or Ruud, same heater just different tag.
I would put ease of warranty replacement at the top of the list. Some manufacturers require an "inspection" by a licensed plumber. Then if they absolutely have to honor the claim, they'll require it be installed by a licensed plumber. That's two visits for the plumber and you're taking cold showers for at least a week.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
I think the new air source heat pump models are pretty cool. Doug, have you ruled those out?
I installed a heat pump water heater about 4 years ago. I got an 80 gallon Bradford-White. Haven’t had any issues.
I replaced a 50gal natural gas unit so I can’t make a direct comparison between a heat pump and a traditional electric. My wife did say that the gas bill went down but the electric bill didn’t go up any significant amount.
As a bonus, the unit sucks some of the humidity out of the air. It is located in the unfinished side of my basement so the stuff that is in storage doesn’t smell a s musty as it used to.