Looking to talk to someone who buys a lot of plug in woodworking power tools
Will explain fully but looking to talk with someone who buys lots of plug-in woodworking power tools. 

If that's you, please send me a DM. Thanks!
I have a lot of plug in tools. it is actually cheaper in the long run to have a sander with each grit on it than to change paper. If one changes papaer ( I use hook and loop) and s a few shaving ger on it the may not go back on well and I ended using to mudh paper.

It is faster to change routers than bits and have to reset them up, only to find out you missed one. Same way with hand drills and drivers.

Tom
"It is faster to change routers than bits and have to reset them up, only to find out you missed one."

I have a couple PC 690 routers that I found used for my dovetail jig. I use one for pins and one for tails in case something goes wrong or I have to make more. I use an Akeda jig, so swapping between pins and tails on the jig itself is easy.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
(05-31-2022, 06:44 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I have a lot of plug in tools. it is actually cheaper in the long run to have a sander with each grit on it than to change paper. If one changes papaer ( I use hook and loop) and s a few shaving ger on it the may not go back on well and I ended using to mudh paper.

It is faster to change routers than bits and have to reset them up, only to find out you missed one. Same way with hand drills and drivers.

[Image: 1kxup2.jpg.d04e3e45ad047517cbd413b66c039775.jpg]
More convenient?   Yes.  

Cheaper ?   No way.  not even with a creative accountant. 

If you’re getting shavings, detritus, ect.. on your sander pad while changing discs - I suggest you :

1.look in the mirror
2.take a class on using a sander or just modify your technique
3. get a sander with a vac port and connect it to a vac
4. clean you shop and organize your discs. 

I’m not haranguing you for having multiple sanders or routers, I bet most folks here do. I am saying that your rational isn’t sound.   It’s pretty easy to change discs on a sander without fouling the pad. Betting the overwhelming majority here have no such problem.   Just call it what it is - convenient. 

And don’t forget the xtra space (and its cost) all those tools require to store when not in use.  Plus the xtra sq. footage your work area must have when you are using them just to keep them handy yesterday out of the way of whatever you’re working on.
(05-31-2022, 11:29 PM)lincmercguy Wrote: "It is faster to change routers than bits and have to reset them up, only to find out you missed one."

I have a couple PC 690 routers that I found used for my dovetail jig. I use one for pins and one for tails in case something goes wrong or I have to make more. I use an Akeda jig, so swapping between pins and tails on the jig itself is easy.

I normally do half-blind dovetails with my jig, and setting the bit's depth for precise fit can be tricky, with several trial cuts on scraps. I've now got one PC690 dedicated to that function, if it's not cutting dovetails it's in the drawer. Then there's the PC 7518 dedicated to the Jessem lift in the router table, a Makita plunge router, a PC690 for "normal" use and a PC7518 for work with larger bits requiring a bit more power. And another older PC that's swapped between routing and powering a portable planer. Routers are like clamps - no such thing as having too many.  Oops, forgot the router that's in the over-arm router, but that's for sale and the router will go with it.
I will admit to using multiple sanders, normally two.  I've had three out before, but the cord management is a pain.

As for routers, I use one for each set-up in a project.

Multiple tools is not cheaper but it sure is convenient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect the first-time poster might be "phishing".
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(06-03-2022, 07:22 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: I will admit to using multiple sanders, normally two.  I've had three out before, but the cord management is a pain.

As for routers, I use one for each set-up in a project.

Multiple tools is not cheaper but it sure is convenient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect the first-time poster might be "phishing".

all depends on how much value you place on your time
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

OP joined, posted, and has not been back since.

If anyone successfully corresponded with the OP, please let me know in a PM.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
On the sander issue.. I have a mirka sander, and it's a pleasure to use compared to other sanders.
There's no way I could justify having 4 of them (one for each grit)
Mirka has pads that go between the sander's pad and sandpaper, that protect the velcro on the sander's pad.
Not sure if they are necessary, but I use them, they are not expensive. Point is.. it's easily replacable if something goes wrong
They can fit other sanders, I put one on a festool sander as well.
Here's an example. I don't know if this is the best price, it's the first one I found. I know they can be bought in packs of 5 as well

https://www.wwhardware.com/mirka-abranet...%20%246.77