Bartop finish outside???
I have several kits of the pour on bartop finish.   They are at least 15 years old, but I opened one and mixed a small batch.  It hardened fine surprisingly.

My question is this:  Would this stuff be usable as an outdoor finish?

I'm working on a 56 Dodge pickup that had a wooden bed floor and have a stash of walnut that would make a great looking floor.  Choices of finish that are under consideration are a spar varnish, automotive urethane clear coat and the bartop finish.  No matter which is chosen the boards will be coated on all six surfaces before installation.  I probably wouldn't attempt a bartop pour on process but thin, pour and brush, quickly.

This truck will never be stored outside nor driven a lot will see some sunlight and rain on occasion.   To help with visualizing this, the metal holddown and divider strips have a fresh coat of shiny black Imron Polyurethane paint, and the bed sides/ends are Viper red.
Sunlight is the enemy of epoxy, so if that's what your bartop finish is then you would either need to put a marine varnish over it or choose another finish if it will get much sun exposure.  Of the options you listed, I'd go with the automotive clear coat.  

John
(06-04-2022, 03:13 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Sunlight is the enemy of epoxy, so if that's what your bartop finish is then you would either need to put a marine varnish over it or choose another finish if it will get much sun exposure.  Of the options you listed, I'd go with the automotive clear coat.  

John

I was afraid of that.  Now I'm thinking of using the bartop stuff overall, then sanding the top surface well with a 600 or so wet.  Then applying the auto clear coat on the top only.   That should provide  good UV protection.  And maybe less brittle, and subject to cracking from wood movement, than clear coat alone.