Upgrade Filter For JET DC-1100VX Dust Collector
Been looking for an upgrade to my Jet DC650 for a while and I finally found a steal with fairly new JET DC-1100VX-5M off of the local CL.  Aware that the 5 micron is okay I want to upgrade that a bit.  I originally wanted the 1100VX-CK but those don't seem to come up too often used and I can't justify spending what they want for that new nowdays.  Anyways I upgraded my 650 with a shaker felt filter bag from Rockler many years ago and was amazed at the difference from that to the stock one.  I went and looked at Rockler but didn't see one that would fit this new DC but I saw that the Powertec company makes a bag that looks decent (70001 Dust Collector Bag, 21" x 31", 1 Micron Filter) and is about $30 or so.  I also saw that I can get the Jet canister (708639B) for about $360.  It looks like both do down to 1 micron but was curious if anyone had upgraded to either of these options or if there was another option.  In an ideal world money wouldn't be an option which is why the Powertech looks good but I wanted to see if there was something else out there that is good or see if the Powertech was the real deal.

Appreciate anyone who has some experience in this upgrade.
(06-08-2022, 03:29 PM)PittTrack Wrote: Been looking for an upgrade to my Jet DC650 for a while and I finally found a steal with fairly new JET DC-1100VX-5M off of the local CL.  Aware that the 5 micron is okay I want to upgrade that a bit.  I originally wanted the 1100VX-CK but those don't seem to come up too often used and I can't justify spending what they want for that new nowdays.  Anyways I upgraded my 650 with a shaker felt filter bag from Rockler many years ago and was amazed at the difference from that to the stock one.  I went and looked at Rockler but didn't see one that would fit this new DC but I saw that the Powertec company makes a bag that looks decent (70001 Dust Collector Bag, 21" x 31", 1 Micron Filter) and is about $30 or so.  I also saw that I can get the Jet canister (708639B) for about $360.  It looks like both do down to 1 micron but was curious if anyone had upgraded to either of these options or if there was another option.  In an ideal world money wouldn't be an option which is why the Powertech looks good but I wanted to see if there was something else out there that is good or see if the Powertech was the real deal.

Appreciate anyone who has some experience in this upgrade.

Wynn filter is often recommended as a replacement canister filter.
I'm not sure you'll get enough separation with the vortex to use a canister filter without a paddle to clean it periodically.

I've seen American Fabric Filter recommended for felt bags.

I haven't used either of these myself.

Matt
I've seen the Wynn mentioned many times and was curious about the cleaning portion of things. After looking at the American Fabric page I am pretty sure that is what I have on my older DC as their logo looks familiar and the pricing for what I have is about what I paid. I'm going to check them out a little more, thanks for the info.
I have no experience in upgrading Jet D.C.s, but I do have an interest. Thank-you for posting the model numbers and prices; saves a lot of searching when I do it.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"