Question for Sawtop PCS owners with ICS base (pictures added)
I just bought a Sawstop PCS to beat the recent price increase.  As part of the package I also bought the ICS base which was on back order and just finally arrived.  The base is great with one exception that I am wondering if anyone else has seen and found the best solution.  When the saw is down on the ground the base is rock solid and will not move.  But there is about a 3/4" gap between the saw body and the base frame and the saw shifts quite easily within the frame.  My first thought is to wedge a piece of wood in there to take up the slack, but before I did that I thought I would check with the brain trust here and see if I am missing something else that is obvious.  Thanks for any advice you might have.
(06-11-2022, 02:52 PM)BrentDH Wrote: I just bought a Sawstop PCS to beat the recent price increase.  As part of the package I also bought the ICS base which was on back order and just finally arrived.  The base is great with one exception that I am wondering if anyone else has seen and found the best solution.  When the saw is down on the ground the base is rock solid and will not move.  But there is about a 3/4" gap between the saw body and the base frame and the saw shifts quite easily within the frame.  My first thought is to wedge a piece of wood in there to take up the slack, but before I did that I thought I would check with the brain trust here and see if I am missing something else that is obvious.  Thanks for any advice you might have.

Here is a article about your issue and there is a kit to convert the ics base to pcs saw.   LINK      Roly
(06-11-2022, 02:52 PM)BrentDH Wrote: I just bought a Sawstop PCS to beat the recent price increase.  As part of the package I also bought the ICS base which was on back order and just finally arrived.  The base is great with one exception that I am wondering if anyone else has seen and found the best solution.  When the saw is down on the ground the base is rock solid and will not move.  But there is about a 3/4" gap between the saw body and the base frame and the saw shifts quite easily within the frame.  My first thought is to wedge a piece of wood in there to take up the slack, but before I did that I thought I would check with the brain trust here and see if I am missing something else that is obvious.  Thanks for any advice you might have.

Not sure which 3/4" gap you are referring to.
I'm not sure if the conversion kit referenced by Roly is still needed -- I think the ICS base can be ordered in two configurations -- one for the ICS saw and one for the PCS saw.
My base came with two meta brackets that are meant to be screwed into the cabinet to keep it secure in the mobile base.

Matt
I have a Sawstop PCS with the ICS mobile base. I bought mine directly from Sawstop on their Field Test Program, circa ~2008. Don't know if the base configuration of my saw is different than the newer saws or not. I took a look at it today and didn't see anything unusual about it. I've moved this saw around my shop several times without incident and have noticed no movement of the base of the saw within the ICS mobile base.

Doug
Matt is right. When you bought the ICS mobile vase with the PCS, the kit that came should require nothing else. The saw shouldn't move inside the frame on the base. Check if you have installed everything as supplied, or contact the vendor if they shipped you the wrong kit.

Simon
The box for the base specifically says it’s an ICS base for the PCS saw so I think it came from the factory with the conversion kit installed.
I added a couple pictures to help show my problem.  The first picture is the gap at the front when the saw is slid backward as far as it will go inside the base.  The second shows the gap at the back if I slide the saw back as far forward as it will go inside the base.  The saw slides very easy front to back within that 3/4" gap.  In each picture there is a little "tab" with a hole that pivots and I think is supposed to get flipped toward the saw and screwed to the saw body, but there are no pre-drilled holes in the saw case.  I guess I can drill a couple holes in my brand new saw but I wasn't going to do that unless I was sure that was the answer.  And before I did that I might go back to my original wooden spacer idea.  Do these pictures help anyone identify my problem?

Why don't you just call Sawstop sustomer service? Very helpful folks the few times I've spoken with them.

Doug
I contacted Sawstop CS as suggested.  The answer was that I should push the saw as far forward as it will go into the base.  Pivot the tabs onto the saw body and run the self-tapping screws into the saw body.  I guess I just expected some predrilled holes for this.
You might want to go with you original thought and just lay a piece of 1x stock in between the saw and the base.