Hammers?
One from the last Rust Hunt..

Yes, it is  a Tack Hammer...

Would come in handy for small brads, and such...just missing something....

Thought about using this handle...has the wrong "eye" profile...handle is an Oval Eye...the other needs an Adze eye?

may go out and buy the smallest Ball Peen Hammer handle, and see IF I can adapt it...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(06-13-2022, 05:19 PM)bandit571 Wrote: One from the last Rust Hunt..

Yes, it is  a Tack Hammer...

Would come in handy for small brads, and such...just missing something....

Thought about using this handle...has the wrong "eye" profile...handle is an Oval Eye...the other needs an Adze eye?

may go out and buy the smallest Ball Peen Hammer handle, and see IF I can adapt it...

With all of the ash that you go through, there's not a stick in the cast off bin that you couldn't shape into a handle?  Mind you, making a handle by hand may not be worth the time, but for something that small, might not be a whole lot of roughing out to do.
Have a feeling that will be "Plan B"....
Did not go well..
Upset..part of the head snapped off...
Upset.tack puller side, like there was a crack already there..
Upset..tossed the handle and the head out. 
Upset Kept the wedges for another time
Winkgrin
(06-18-2022, 05:55 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Did not go well..
Upset..part of the head snapped off...
Upset.tack puller side, like there was a crack already there..
Upset..tossed the handle and the head out. 
Upset Kept the wedges for another time
Winkgrin

Still probably repairable. I would have chopped off the claws and tack welded a piece of a spring from a scrapped lorry. Then preheated the whole head to some 500 degrees celsius and stick welded to parts together. Then forged the new piece into new claws.

If there only was more time........
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English