Install new outside faucet
I need to replace a frost proof sill coco at Goalie’s this weekend. I looked at a local store and they have them with A Sharkbite already attached and ready to go. Easy peasy

(06-15-2022, 06:32 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: In a situation like this, I would also use Sharkbites.

(06-16-2022, 06:57 AM)MGoBlue1984 Wrote: Sharkbite turns this into a 5 minute job.

(06-16-2022, 09:25 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: I bought everything I need to include Shark Bite connectors. Now I just need to work up the nerve to do the job. The guy at Ace HW that I've trusted for years and sid the Shark Bite in my application would be good.
Gregor1

Fellas - sharkbites are a TIME BOMB waiting to happen   Kinda like Polybutylene piping of yore.   Remember when that was the latest, greatest, fastest and cheapest thing going ?

What keeps the fittings from leaking ?   A rubber o-ring right ? 
And what happens to all rubber components in a plumbing system ?  

That's right...................................they wear, get brittle , and disintegrate, causing a leak.    Which is manageable on a kitchen faucet or a garden hose connection or toilet shutoff.   But on a pipe joint, especially one that is hard to access or buried inside a wall or slab................it's a DISASTER waiting to happen.

You've been warned.
When you sweat copper pipe that has had water in it you must make sure it is absolutely dry. 1 drop of water a foot away may cause the joint to fail. This is especially important when there is a closed-loop, as the water vapor (steam) has nowhere to go.
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   
(06-18-2022, 02:56 PM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: When you sweat copper pipe that has had water in it you must make sure it is absolutely dry. 1 drop of water a foot away may cause the joint to fail. This is especially important when there is a closed-loop, as the water vapor (steam) has nowhere to go.

Drain it best you can and then shove a piece of bread in there.  You’ll be fine.