Curved kitchen cabinet doors
I’m refinishing our kitchen cabinets and am wondering how common are these types of doors. They aren’t coopered, they’re bent laminations. Never seen anything like them in a kitchen. 

Sorry about the photo quality, they really don’t look THAT bad in real life!

Attached Files Image(s)

VH07V  
(06-16-2022, 02:33 PM)EightFingers Wrote: I’m refinishing our kitchen cabinets and am wondering how common are these types of doors. They aren’t coopered, they’re bent laminations. Never seen anything like them in a kitchen. 

Sorry about the photo quality, they really don’t look THAT bad in real life!

not sure they are particularly common, but i've made a bunch of curved 5-part doors, some with raised panels, some flat panel.  the curved rails are bent laminations, as are the flat panels - i use thin bending plywood and commercial veneer for the panels (if flat).  the stiles start as flat, but thicker stock, and then i use the CNC to complete the face and back curves.  the hardest part about making them is the cope and stick cuts on the curved rails, but sleds and fixtures make that possible.
(06-16-2022, 10:08 PM)zaret Wrote: not sure they are particularly common, but i've made a bunch of curved 5-part doors, some with raised panels, some flat panel.  the curved rails are bent laminations, as are the flat panels - i use thin bending plywood and commercial veneer for the panels (if flat).  the stiles start as flat, but thicker stock, and then i use the CNC to complete the face and back curves.  the hardest part about making them is the cope and stick cuts on the curved rails, but sleds and fixtures make that possible.

They were kinda trendy at the turn of the century .

Even then, they weren't that common and are very expensive to produce.
I have nine of them in my kitchen….
VH07V  
I thought about that about 10 years ago when I was building our cabinets. Then I let the thought pass!