Porch glider
If all goes as planned, I should have a new glider in a few days. I know red oak is not the best choice of wood, but it's what I had.

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut, and have the world think you a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
It's a shame you had to use red oak, but it really looks nice. Well done. I'll be interested in seeing the completed glider when finished.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Looks nice.

I'd add some 1/4" plastic material at the bottom to help prevent water wicking into the oak.
Despite a few "honey do job" delays, I am making progress on the glider. Depending on how quick the One Time finish dries, I should have a functioning new glider in a couple of days.

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut, and have the world think you a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
The glider is finished, although the finish is not quite dry yet. The One Time finish dries very slowly, which makes it very forgiving to work with. I like that a lot. An hour after applying the finish, I went over it all, wiping away any excess. If this finish holds up, it's well worth the price. I only wish it came in a completely clear version.
The seat portion glides effortlessly on 4 metal swing arms attached to the base. I used aluminum strap, and installed bronze bushings in the bolt holes, using stainless steel hardware. As suggested earlier, the base sits on plastic feet, so it in not in direct contact with the floor.
There is also a matching side table. I actually made the table a couple of weeks ago, in anticipation of making the glider. I don't know why the finish appears darker on the table, but I can live with it.
The inside of the apple is painted red, and the leaves green. I have made several of these gliders years ago. I donated one to a charity auction, and it sold for $550.
There is 46 bd. ft. of lumber in the glider. If I figured it right.

Nice.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Well done! Really looks nice, I like that side table as well.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I am getting a little concerned about my porch glider. I put One Time wood finish on it. The base unit was done 4 days ago. I can still take a cotton cloth and wipe it, and get residue on the cloth. It says it cures in 2 days. A porch glider you cannot sit on isn't much good. I don't know if I should set it out in the sunlight, to maybe bake it, or if that would soften it. Suggestions?

Never mind. Should have read the container a little closer. It needs the sun light to cure.
Great looking and looks quite comfortable

Jim
Jim
After several days of sitting in the sunlight, and brought in every night, the glider was not drying. I called the company. One Time. She told me to wipe it lightly with mineral spirits every day, and set it out. That's what I have been doing. It's dry ! The stuff looks really good, but I'm almost afraid to try it again.