Luxury vinyl plank under furniture?
I'm going to replace the old carpet in the bedrooms, hallways, and stairs with LVP.

Will furniture like beds and dressers leave dents in it?  I'm not planning on going cheap and would consider hardwood, but my tools (including my flooring nailer) won't be delivered until the fall and I want to replace the floors soon after we move in and don't have a bunch of furniture in the way.

I've also got a 15% off coupon at HD so if there's a good brand you can suggest there, that would be much appreciated. I used their TrafficMaster in our old kitchen under the fridge and there is definitely a divot there now if there wasn't when we moved.
(06-20-2022, 11:10 AM)atgcpaul Wrote: I'm going to replace the old carpet in the bedrooms, hallways, and stairs with LVP.

Will furniture like beds and dressers leave dents in it?  I'm not planning on going cheap and would consider hardwood, but my tools (including my flooring nailer) won't be delivered until the fall and I want to replace the floors soon after we move in and don't have a bunch of furniture in the way.

I've also got a 15% off coupon at HD so if there's a good brand you can suggest there, that would be much appreciated.  I used their TrafficMaster in our old kitchen under the fridge and there is definitely a divot there now if there wasn't when we moved.

I think I'd count on dents.
I agree. I think you can count on having dents. However, the severity of the dents will likely depend on how solid the underlayment is and the quality of the vinyl. You can buy rubber or plastic cups to put under the feet or rollers to distribute the pressure. They work well with only a very minor nuisance factor.

Have you considered some of the "snap lock" planks? I put some down many years ago and installation was quite simple and didn't require much in the way of tools. These planks are harder and I don't think you will have any denting issues.
We put LVP in upstairs about 4 years ago. Just lifted the corner of a couple beds.. no dents.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(06-21-2022, 03:40 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: We put LVP in upstairs about 4 years ago. Just lifted the corner of a couple beds.. no dents.

There's a joke in here somewhere....

What brand did you use?
(06-21-2022, 04:09 PM)atgcpaul Wrote: There's a joke in here somewhere....

What brand did you use?

Life Proof. It was on sale at HD... one of those special Purchase sales. Life Proof

It has done very well. We put in about 1300 sq ft. There were nicer looking (more wood like) products out there but price was a big factor. Life Proof's newer patterns look more like wood. We probably wouldn't have bought it but we couldn't pass on the price. ... remodeling the entire house. Had to compromise in places. You can do hardwood for about $1.00 more a sq ft.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Point loads may leave dents, not sure, but have you thought about gliders under the legs of the bed -  sliders   most of them have felt or foam on top and a rigid plastic which should spread the load enough to avoid dents.
(06-23-2022, 12:56 PM)barryvabeach Wrote: Point loads may leave dents, not sure, but have you thought about gliders under the legs of the bed -  sliders   most of them have felt or foam on top and a rigid plastic which should spread the load enough to avoid dents.

I think that is the answer.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
I went with LifeProof because HD had the color in the 22mil wear layer we wanted available for free shipping to the store.  I missed out on using that coupon, though.

Probably 7hrs to lay down this one room--about 150sqft.  Fortunately this room is just a rectangle with a closet and the last board ends perfectly at the doorway.  The next room is a mirror image of this one.

The only knock I have against this stuff is that there doesn't seem to be enough pattern variety.  I seem to be spending more time than I'd like looking for a different board so I don't have identically patterned boards near each other.  By my estimate, there are about 6-7 different patterns.  The Mohawk ones I wanted (but couldn't wait for) have something like 13 different patterns.

I just put down Pergo Outlast in my living room, mostly because the rabbits, dog, and kids had destroyed the (already poor quality) builder carpet. It's pretty solid, and I can't imagine many (any?) dents. It's basically HDF with a wood/laminate wear layer and attached underlayment. There isn't much of anything to compress.