Half round table top method?
(06-23-2022, 05:47 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Brian,

You don't need a large sled to make circles. For a 3' - 5' dia.circle, the sled can just be 2' x 2'. Google how to cut circles on the table saw youtube.

The paper glueline is where the center point will be placed.

Simon

Simon...I have cut a circle on the table saw, it's the cutting a circle in half where I figured I would need a large sled, paper joint notwithstanding...
Thanks...
Thanks for the ideas, folks!

I'll figure out which will work best for me and get to y'all.
Semper fi,
Brad

There is no cutting the circle in half. A full circle is cut on the paper-joined panel with a, say, 2'x2' sled, then the circle is knocked apart.

Simon
(06-26-2022, 05:07 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: There is no cutting the circle in half. A full circle is cut on the paper-joined panel with a, say, 2'x2' sled, then the circle is knocked apart.

Simon

As in, you take something like a knife blade and tap it into the paper joint, starting at one edge. The joint splits apart as the paper pulls apart.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
You explained it well. Perhaps "wedged apart" should've been used.

Simon