What are the odds?
I really like my Shark Gard, wouldn't be with out it. Use it on the vast majority of cuts and replace it immediately when the cut is done. It also gets most of the saw dust because it's connected to a whole house vac that's on a automatic switch along with the high volume dust collector. I bought the Shark after I whacked off a finger and mangled another.
9.5 fingers and 1 crippled
An overhead mounted guard can be used in most situations, even when cutting dados.  And the improved dust collection it offers is another reason to use it.  

[Image: hB_t8BKqPiMGCjqIWNAGtj3D8XfmU6SVkRCa9MfW...authuser=1]

Mine fits over a wood block on the splitter on my Unisaw to keep it in position.  

[Image: B4yWZazef4KZNXmyoZ6BPyHUlBAFEtVWsu-Xbu4n...authuser=1]

The only downside with this arrangement is that it does not work for bevel cuts.  I need to redesign the overhead mount to pivot as the arbor pivots.  

John
That's a slick set up...
(06-28-2022, 06:26 AM)Gregor1 Wrote: Table saw picked up a 3/4" block and flung it into the overhead 8" LED tube. "It's raining glass!"

My LED tubes are all plastic. I had no idea they made them with glass covers.
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop