WTB Shoulder Plane
Looking for a Veritas or Lie Nielsen Shoulder Plane. Medium or Large.

Thanks!
Sent you a message Dan.
(07-03-2022, 10:43 AM)Danxaz Wrote: Looking for a Veritas or Lie Nielsen Shoulder Plane. Medium or Large.

Thanks!

I find the ergonomics of the Lee Valley much better.  The LN plane is hard to hold.
Bill Tindall
I keep reading about that. I would have bought a Veritas months ago but they are constantly out of stock. I was saving my pennies for the LN because it’s been in stock for a while. It was $250 but the price jumped to $350 in a matter of days. I actually sent an email complaining and got a reply from Thomas Lie-Nielsen himself. I get why prices are going up but that seemed unreasonable. Anyway, I can’t swallow $350 for a shoulder plane right now. Especially since it was $250 only a few days ago. With shipping and tax that’s nearly $400. I’m not saying it’s not worth it, just too rich for me right now.
PM sent as well.....
(07-04-2022, 08:14 AM)Danxaz Wrote: I keep reading about that. I would have bought a Veritas months ago but they are constantly out of stock. I was saving my pennies for the LN because it’s been in stock for a while. It was $250 but the price jumped to $350 in a matter of days. I actually sent an email complaining and got a reply from Thomas Lie-Nielsen himself. I get why prices are going up but that seemed unreasonable. Anyway, I can’t swallow $350 for a shoulder plane right now. Especially since it was $250 only a few days ago. With shipping and tax that’s nearly $400. I’m not saying it’s not worth it, just too rich for me right now.

Order the LV if that price has not increased so much.  That was you can lock in the current price.  I use my medium sized plane a lot.  Try Ebay.
Bill Tindall
Thanks folks. I’ve replied to the PMs I’ve got.