Resaw blades
(07-11-2022, 05:07 PM)Jack01 Wrote:  Thank you for everyone’s input
My Bandsaw is Rikon 10-320 Craftsman version take 99.75 inch long blade
It can handle ¾ inch blade , no issue  currently using a 3 TPI, High Hard carbon ¾ inch blade for resawing, it works ok, it does crate saw marking on the wood.
I do tension this all the way up,  Higher tension it gives smooth cut, lower tension it does leave more marks.
I never heard of Supercut before, thank for the info. Not sure about the Carbide Impregnated Teeth, I am willing to try, their cost on this blade ½” width will be $ 36.57 plus $ 5.72 shipping.
I called local bandsaw blade supplier, I can get Starret in ½” , 4 TPI , Kerf 0.025 bimetal for $ 40.00
Resaw King sound good but not in consideration due to price, I do not do enough resawing to justify the price.
Should I get ½ inch or 3 /4 inch blade? Will the width make difference?

I've had good luck with Supercut's premium gold blades, I think they're comparable to bimetal. I'm not fond of their "carbide impregnated teeth" though. I think that could be viewed as deceptive. Apparently it's not uncommon to for steel to have carbide particles in it. When most people think of carbide bandsaw blades they think of the brazed on teeth. I have thought about trying their Woodsaver band. The price is coming up $82.70 which seems a little steep.
(07-10-2022, 03:25 PM)kurt18947 Wrote: Probably not on a 14" saw though. The only carbide bandsaw blade I know that might fit a 14" saw is Lennox Trimaster. Lennox makes a 1/2" 3 TPI blade with a .025 thickness band. Most carbide bands are .032 thick or more so harder to tension plus most are wider than 1/2". Be sitting down when you check the price.

https://www.toolcenter.com/35612-TRB9-2820.html

I have a Grizzly GO 457, 14" steel frame BS (i don't believe Grizzly carries these any longer). Plenty of HP and tension capacity for a 3/4" band - but agree, a cast framed lighter weight BS might struggle to properly tension.

When properly set-up it slices very thin and even veneers on wide boards.
(07-13-2022, 11:45 PM)Don_M Wrote: I have a Grizzly GO 457, 14" steel frame BS (i don't believe Grizzly carries these any longer). Plenty of HP and tension capacity for a 3/4" band - but agree, a cast framed lighter weight BS might struggle to properly tension.

When properly set-up it slices very thin and even veneers on wide boards.

No maybe about it.  The 14" cast iron Delta and its clones can only comfortably manage around 12 ksi on a 1/2" blade, and that's with an Iturra spring.  12 ksi is at best 2/3's of the tension needed for optimum performance.  There is no hope these saws can run a 3/4" blade well though people will tell you they can.  If they had a chance to use a saw that could put 20 - 25 ksi on a 3/4" blade, however, I'm sure they would no longer say so.  

Here's some food for thought.  At 25 - 30 ksi guides are almost irrelevant for cutting straight, at least with 3/4" and wider blades.  Imagine not having to labor over setting them up just right in order to get the thing to cut straight, only to have it veer off anyway if you hit some whacky grain.  For resawing and veneer slicing that's reason enough to get a stout saw.   

John