Thinking About a DF 500 Domino
(07-18-2022, 10:30 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Well, I guess I'm the second guy LOL.

I figured if there was ONE Festool I would buy, it would be a Domino.  But its actually turned out to be a sander.

I think it all depends on what you're using it for.  For me, the Domino turned out to be an alignment tool, not a mortiser, depending on the size of the mortise of course.  If I had a production shop and needed an actual mortiser, I would get an XL.

So in my work, it really ended up being a glorified biscuit joiner.  I had constant problems with inaccurate alignment, tried every which way to hold the thing.

Bottom line - it was most certainly NOT the game changer I thought it would be.  Maybe I wasn't using it to its full potential.

I put it on Ebay and sold it for $1100 in one day.  I paid $850 for it and had it a couple years.  I just couldn't justify that much money sitting on a shelf 95% of its life.

I'm no stranger to tools sitting idly on the shelf, but i've never had one provide a 10% to 12% annual return on my purchase price.  Might have to trade my Crypto account for some green tools!!  
Yes

earl
(07-18-2022, 03:34 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: I'm no stranger to tools sitting idly on the shelf, but i've never had one provide a 10% to 12% annual return on my purchase price.  Might have to trade my Crypto account for some green tools!!  
Yes

earl
Only b/c this was back during COVID when there were no Dominoes to be found.