DEWALT DW618PKB plunge router
DEWALT DW618PKB suitable for router table install???  Can't adjust height when upside down in table.  Fine when standing up.
Can you explain why you say that it cannot be adjusted in a router table?
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(07-10-2022, 09:31 AM)museumguy Wrote: Can you explain why you say that it cannot be adjusted in a router table?

can't raise or lower bit.  the lever that locks motor in place is OFF
(07-09-2022, 08:34 PM)varkpilot Wrote: DEWALT DW618PKB suitable for router table install???  Can't adjust height when upside down in table.  Fine when standing up.

I don't have a DW618 so can't say but I have a 3.25 HP router in my 'router table' (table saw wing). I guess if you use smaller bits the 2+hp router would be fine. For panel raising or swinging other large bits not so much. I have a Freud 2000E 3.25 hp with router raizer, (you can't buy Freud in the U.S. anymore) but it'll raise panels or whaterever else I need it to do without breaking a sweat. Some routers have integral above-the-table controls, I think Milwaukee is one, Triton is another. Hitachi used to be a popular table router but I think you'd need a router raizer or a homemade version with it if you wanted above-the-table bit height control. Some of the Hitachi's are fugly but in a table you wouldn't have to look at it much
Wink.
It may not be ideal, but I use the DW618 in my router table.  It's the only router I have, therefore it's the best one for the job.

I use the fixed base.  When I need to adjust the height, I have to unlock the base, spin the ring, and lock the base back.  

It may be possible to use the plunge base in a router table, but I've never needed to, so I've never tried.  

Not ideal, but not a deal breaker.
Did dewalt ever get the variable speed problems worked out on the 618?

I have 3 from that time period and haven’t had problems yet, but I know that lots of people had trouble with them.

As for table adjustments on routers, it used to be all that was available was fixed and plunge bases and lots of good stuff was made.
(07-10-2022, 11:57 AM)varkpilot Wrote: can't raise or lower bit.  the lever that locks motor in place is OFF

Hmmm. Could it need a little bit of lube? Not sure.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry