Selecting wood for panels
(07-12-2022, 08:13 AM)brianwelch Wrote: Been there, done that! Also flipped a board endo when dovetailing...something you hope you only do 1 time...
My goal is to learn from my mistakes...if true, I would be an absolute genius...

I have made so many mistakes I had to invent new ones nobody had thought of yet.  My "favorite" is forgetting to add a tenon length to the rough cut length of something that requires a tenon.  I rely on transferring measurements off the piece underway because I read a rule incorrectly too many times.  Dovetailing a drawer has so many ways of going astray I lost count. Mistaking a pin for a tail is usually fatal but once I even recreated the missing piece and stuck in in plane to fill up the space, counting on the rest to hold the drawer together.  

It is a fact, the skill of a woodworker is measured by how successful they are at recovering from mistakes.
Bill Tindall