Would like to trade planes
I have a Ward Master #7 flat bottom. It was made by Stanley. It is an older model which has the frog with a flat machined face.  That style of frog had a much closer fitting frog, no slop side to side.  It also has a frog adjusting screw. There are no lettering on the body and the only way I know it is a wards is the lever cap.

I finally got it stripped. I plan on surface grinding the body real soon. As some of you know I used to precision grind planes for people. I still have excess to a grinder and I can do my own but not for others for money. The plane will be nicer than when new. It will be flat within  .001 to .0015 and have a new rosewood knob and tote. Your choice of high or low tote.

I am willing to trade it for a K7 with no cracks in the body or frog. Even the knob and tote can be missing. It does not have to have a blade or chip braker but I do need a lever cap. I would prefer that the plane be a corrugated one but even with that I am open. 

So if you would like a #7 that is flat and will need only a final sharpening to make it a great user here is a good deal. 

I am also open to buying a K6, K 5 I/2 or  K4 1/2. I am collecting and using my collection.

Tom
Tom,

I have a Stanley Bailey #7 corrugated (not a Bedrock) that is complete with a cracked rear tote. It could use some love. Are you interested?

Mike
(07-17-2022, 09:30 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: I have a Ward Master #7 flat bottom. It was made by Stanley. It is an older model which has the frog with a flat machined face.  That style of frog had a much closer fitting frog, no slop side to side.  It also has a frog adjusting screw. There are no lettering on the body and the only way I know it is a wards is the lever cap.

I finally got it stripped. I plan on surface grinding the body real soon. As some of you know I used to precision grind planes for people. I still have excess to a grinder and I can do my own but not for others for money. The plane will be nicer than when new. It will be flat within  .001 to .0015 and have a new rosewood knob and tote. Your choice of high or low tote.

I am willing to trade it for a K7 with no cracks in the body or frog. Even the knob and tote can be missing. It does not have to have a blade or chip braker but I do need a lever cap. I would prefer that the plane be a corrugated one but even with that I am open. 

So if you would like a #7 that is flat and will need only a final sharpening to make it a great user here is a good deal. 

I am also open to buying a K6, K 5 I/2 or  K4 1/2. I am collecting and using my collection.

Tom

I think I bought a K something a while back. Thinking it was a 6 but it might be a 5 or something else. I'll let you know when/if I find it and maybe we can work something out.
I am sorry. I am collecting Keen Kutter K series planes. Believe me, I have restores enough planes to know that the the Ward Master plane I have I was made by Stanley.. I am sorry but I have no reason to trade for a Stanley Bailey. It is the same plane as what I have, only the casting numbers have been changed. I can resurface mine but can not resurface for other people. So no. I am not interested, even though I wish I could.

I have a Bed Rock 606 round side which is the same plane as a K6 except for, again, casting numbers. I have several K5s and K4s But could be talked into a K6 if the piece is right.

Tom
(07-19-2022, 06:44 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I am sorry. I am collecting Keen Kutter K series planes. Believe me, I have restores enough planes to know that the the Ward Master plane I have I was made by Stanley.. I am sorry but I have no reason to trade for a Stanley Bailey. It is the same plane as what I have, only the casting numbers have been changed. I can resurface mine but can not resurface for other people. So no. I am not interested, even though I wish I could.

I have a Bed Rock 606 round side which is the same plane as a K6 except for, again, casting numbers. I have several K5s and K4s But could be talked into a K6 if the piece is right.

Tom

I have sold the #7c to another woodnetter.
(07-19-2022, 06:44 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I am sorry. I am collecting Keen Kutter K series planes. Believe me, I have restores enough planes to know that the the Ward Master plane I have I was made by Stanley.. I am sorry but I have no reason to trade for a Stanley Bailey. It is the same plane as what I have, only the casting numbers have been changed. I can resurface mine but can not resurface for other people. So no. I am not interested, even though I wish I could.

Tom

Just to close the loop, the plane I bought is a K5 not a K6. I understand you're not interested in a K5. Sorry for the fire drill.
(07-25-2022, 08:44 AM)ajkoontz Wrote: Just to close the loop, the plane I bought is a K5 not a K6. I understand you're not interested in a K5. Sorry for the fire drill.

No problem. I have a couple of K5s, I thunk that the K series planes are about the best bank for the buch that there is,
Tom