Ridgid Jointer link belt
Has anyone used the link belts from Harbor Freight on the Ridgid 6" jointer ?

I have read that the width is correct (1/2") but the thickness of the Harbor Freight link belt causes it to ride too high in the pulley.

Can anyone confirm this issue ?

Thanks, Bill
As long as the belt is seated all the way into the pulley and tensioned correctly I wouldn't think riding a little high would be an issue.
(07-18-2022, 06:26 PM)sweensdv2 Wrote: As long as the belt is seated all the way into the pulley and tensioned correctly I wouldn't think riding a little high would be an issue.

There is so little clearance above the pulley that riding a little high might make a difference. That is why I was asking if anyone had used a Harbor Freight link belt.

Bill
I use it on my banc saw with no issues, but it doesn't have any close clearances either. Haven't noticed the belt riding high. I also have the Acculink (I think that is the name) on my table saw. laying them side by side doesn't show any differences.
I have one on my DJ-20 8" and noticed the same thing when installing, and it works just fine.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I have one on my Ridgid 6" Jointer. I don't know if its the same model as yours (JP0610), but it works fine for me.
(07-19-2022, 10:41 AM)Shaun Wrote: I have one on my Ridgid 6" Jointer. I don't know if its the same model as yours (JP0610), but it works fine for me.

Shaun:

I have the model JP06101 (I believe the only difference is the color). After reading your post I headed to Harbor Freight and picked up one of their link belts.

A LuxIII cutterhead is due to arrive tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback.

Bill