Bath fitters
Has anybody had Bath Fitters do their tub and surround.  I just had them come out and quoted me a price.  My BIL had them do it back in 2018 and his price was 3 times less then my quote.  I didn't like how they give 2 prices really high pressure.
I have seen the jobs at home inspections. I guess they look alright. I'm sure they look better than before. I'd rather replace but that isn't cheap either. Bathfitter is a franchise so you can figure the franchise fee is somewhere around 40%. There are independents who also reline tubs and shower walls. Maybe cheaper?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(07-19-2022, 06:55 PM)fixtureman Wrote: Has anybody had Bath Fitters do their tub and surround.  I just had them come out and quoted me a price.  My BIL had them do it back in 2018 and his price was 3 times less then my quote.  I didn't like how they give 2 prices really high pressure.

We were in the same position a number of years ago.

We brought Bath Fitter out to the house, and the salesman was a very nice guy.

But....their installations that they showed us looked cheap and very amateurish with the trim strips that they install.

So.....

We called ReBath. The salesman was far less nice than the other one, but the product installations shown were far superior.

Not a single trim strip....just perfectly sized and installed panels. And ours was installed by a true craftsman. 

No regrets since....

Moral of the story.... buy the well researched quality product, not the salesman.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
Neighbor did 5 years ago. Run! Junk
(07-19-2022, 06:55 PM)fixtureman Wrote: Has anybody had Bath Fitters do their tub and surround.  I just had them come out and quoted me a price.  My BIL had them do it back in 2018 and his price was 3 times less then my quote.  I didn't like how they give 2 prices really high pressure.

Dom you just want to cover up your existing tub and surround? We do solid surface, showers mostly. Not cheap but I do a pretty good job with the installs.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I am looking at refinishing the tub now.  The surround is a nuteral color and very good condition no loose tiles and no mold.  The tub is also in very good condition no rust and is a little wider then a standard tub it just is black with real gold fixtures but wife wants it white
(07-22-2022, 02:18 PM)fixtureman Wrote: I am looking at refinishing the tub now.  The surround is a nuteral color and very good condition no loose tiles and no mold.  The tub is also in very good condition no rust and is a little wider then a standard tub it just is black with real gold fixtures but wife wants it white

I would highly recommend the Miracle Method. We have had both our tubs and surrounds done and it they did a phenomenal job.  I realize it probably depends on the franchise you are dealing with but the one local here is owned by friends of ours and the guy they sent to do it was extremely thorough.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
(07-22-2022, 02:18 PM)fixtureman Wrote: I am looking at refinishing the tub now.  The surround is a nuteral color and very good condition no loose tiles and no mold.  The tub is also in very good condition no rust and is a little wider then a standard tub it just is black with real gold fixtures but wife wants it white

An old cast iron tub?  You can get that reglazed.  Skip the rest of the surround.
So what does that kind of service run? I’ll be rehabbing a rental soon and was looking to keep a cast iron tub and replace the fiberglass surround.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy