It followed me home..
Can I keep it?   Went out and bought a new camera...decided to stop by a Local Antique Mall on the way home...

$10 + Sales Tax....

Goodell Pratt Co.  TOOLSMITHS No. 5-1/2 B......2 speeds..

With  a keeper for the drive wheel....and a solid, LARGE top handle..

Chuck will need to be taken apart, as the jaws are all jumbled up....springs are still there....it is just getting the chuck apart...

Photos are with the new camera....still working on a couple set ups...

This is one BIG eggbeater drill....will take up to 3/8" diameter shafts....chuck also has a logo with Patent date....drill is marked as a Goodell Pratt Co. of Greenfield MA....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
That's a keeper!  It would have followed me home too, if the local antique stores had prices like that.
It's all wood.
Excellent find! Even intact handles! Good brand. Should clean up nicely.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(07-20-2022, 09:35 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Can I keep it?   Went out and bought a new camera...decided to stop by a Local Antique Mall on the way home...

$10 + Sales Tax....

Goodell Pratt Co.  TOOLSMITHS No. 5-1/2 B......2 speeds..

With  a keeper for the drive wheel....and a solid, LARGE top handle..

Chuck will need to be taken apart, as the jaws are all jumbled up....springs are still there....it is just getting the chuck apart...

Photos are with the new camera....still working on a couple set ups...

This is one BIG eggbeater drill....will take up to 3/8" diameter shafts....chuck also has a logo with Patent date....drill is marked as a Goodell Pratt Co. of Greenfield MA....

I bought a very similar one several years ago at an estate sale - one of my favorites.  I changed speeds more often than I thought I would - maybe just because I could.  I had to open the chuck up on mine also, that part wasn't so hard with mine.  The challenge was that afterward, the chuck body kept wanting to unscrew.  Should have used some locktite I guess.  I moved a few years ago and things got re-arranged and this one isn't in reach like it used to be.  Might have to dig it back out.  Have fun with the restoration project.
Looking a little better..

Right now it is locked into "Fast" gear setting..

Went out Rust Hunting this morning....spent $8...

Millers Falls "V-Line" plane,   a 6-1/4" draw knife, and a Stanley No. 51 spokeshave...fellow said make an offer on all 3...I handed him 8 dollars, and home I went...

Might need a little clean up?
You sir, are the King of the find.  Nice deals there.
All cleaned up..

6" PEXTO Draw knife..

Stanley No. 51 Spokeshave...front..

and the flat sole...

Millers Falls No. 900...

Sole was already flat, just needed the thin layer of rusty brown removed..

Iron has the Millers Falls logo..

But the tote is stamped/incised for a place down in Dayton, OH.

W.H. Kiefaber Co.   

And to think...all of these was just $8.....must have made an offer he couldn't refuse?
Still getting used to the new camera...may take to the shop, next...
That hand plane has seen a bit of action...

Scrubbing down resaws..

To get them flat and smooth...

Not too bad, for a ~$2.66 plane...
Winkgrin