Power washer
Maybe in the market for a good powerwasher. Any suggestions and what to look for. Thanks
John T.
Good meaning gas?
or Good meaning something from the smaller electrics?

We have a Sun Joe. Lasted a couple years with occasional use. Not really very powerful unless you get the tip real close. Croaked last week
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Following some advice I got here, I opted for a Simpson. This one was specifically recommended by a few folks. It's has a Honda engine and a Cat pump....and delivers 3200 PSI. I've had it now for about 4 years, and while it doesn't get a lot of use it does work well when needed. 2 years ago I used it and put it away with out draining it (apparently) completely. There wasn't any freeze damage, but the hard water dried and clogged on the valves in the pump, water wouldn't flow through it (we have extremely hard well water).  had it repaired and now use on those pump saver sprays before I put it away. I'd give you the model number, but it's been replaced by a new one....the Simpson seems to be a good brand. My only experience with an electric was a Karcher...if you see them, walk down the aisle to whatever is next in line.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
IME, it totally depends on your plan uses and expectations. And budget of course. Most any of them will be ok for occasional use and light cleaning. Frequent use and or heavy cleaning, I'd step up to a Honda with a Cat or General pump, maybe even belt drive.

I have a couple of the cheaper Simpsons with the consumer level engine(GC series) and cheaper Italian made pump. I bought group lot of those as non-runners (cheap!) from a rental closeout. Pieced together two from the lot. They work great for my use.
I have had good luck with a Simpson.  I used it for commercial clening and now for around the house.  It only is 32 years old and still going strong
(07-27-2022, 10:15 AM)kencombs Wrote: IME, it totally depends on your plan uses and expectations.  And budget of course.  Most any of them will be ok for occasional use and light cleaning.  Frequent use and or heavy cleaning, I'd step up to a Honda with a Cat or General pump, maybe even belt drive. 

I have a couple of the cheaper Simpsons with the consumer level engine(GC series) and cheaper Italian made pump.  I bought group lot of those as non-runners (cheap!) from a rental closeout.  Pieced together two from the lot.  They work great for my use.

The cleaning power is greatly dependent on the gallons per hour rating more so than just looking at pressure.     Roly
(07-27-2022, 07:16 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Following some advice I got here, I opted for a Simpson. This one was specifically recommended by a few folks. It's has a Honda engine and a Cat pump....and delivers 3200 PSI. I've had it now for about 4 years, and while it doesn't get a lot of use it does work well when needed. 2 years ago I used it and put it away with out draining it (apparently) completely. There wasn't any freeze damage, but the hard water dried and clogged on the valves in the pump, water wouldn't flow through it (we have extremely hard well water).  had it repaired and now use on those pump saver sprays before I put it away. I'd give you the model number, but it's been replaced by a new one....the Simpson seems to be a good brand. My only experience with an electric was a Karcher...if you see them, walk down the aisle to whatever is next in line.

See above.
Buy once, cry once.
If your budget allows it. 
I have a Simpson too (it might be the same) and the Honda engine with the CAT pump is top notch. And I also started using the pump saver sprays after the last pump on my old sprayer exploded.

Jon in American fudge