Stabilized Willow and resin bowl
Making a bowl with some rotten ***** Willow that was stabilized with cactus juice and then cast in Alumilite Clear slow resin.
Neat, but what's the cost of the resin and stabilizer? Seems very expensive to me.
(08-16-2022, 07:54 PM)FS7 Wrote: Neat, but what's the cost of the resin and stabilizer? Seems very expensive to me.

It is expensive, but like I said this was a piece of wood with sentimental value and with out stabilizing or casting resin, this project wouldnt have been a finished piece to hang on to but just a rotten log. So I am really not looking at it from a cost perspective. Resin is expensive but so is most of the tooling for just regular woodturning in general. If someone is that worried about the cost, woodturning might not be the hobby for them.