Squeaky I Joists
I'm redoing flooring in an old addition on my house. It's always had squeaks, so I'm screwing down all of the subfloor plywood. It has righted up pretty well, but I have a couple of spots that I think are the I joists themselves squeaking. I can't access underneath. Any way to fix it from up top without pulling up the subfloor?

I swear, if I were staying here forever, I'd tear this whole addition down and rebuild it.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
I have seen this, or near facsimile, for years in trade magazines, but have never had the opportunity to try it:

https://www.amazon.com/Squeeeeek-Elimina...9752&psc=1
Sounds like you've done what you can with the joists. May not be your joists. Might be the subfloor seams. Possibly the framer didn't glue the T&Gs or didn't use enough glue. I ran into this when installing the wood flooring in this house. Did the screws in the joists and used Tight Bond 2 in all the seams. Didn't fix it 100% but it's a lot better.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I have access to the subfloor right now.

The squeaks to not seem to be subfloor joint seems, unfortunately. That would be an easy fix.
(08-05-2022, 09:30 PM)lincmercguy Wrote: I have access to the subfloor right now.

The squeaks to not seem to be subfloor joint seems, unfortunately. That would be an easy fix.

Could it be a nail that is just off the side of the I joist that is squeaking.   I had several of these but had access from below that I could hammer up and remove them.   Also had a squeak in the tongue and groove on the plywood which I put a scab over the joint and screwed and glued it.   Without access I would look for nails that could be out of line.  Roly
(08-05-2022, 09:30 PM)lincmercguy Wrote: I have access to the subfloor right now.

Blocking in between the joists?
WoodNET... the new safespace
I thought about that. I tried to track down down before knowing they were I joists and had no luck. Floor is going down today. If I dig into it more, I'm going to want to tear down the whole addition and start over.
I-Joists flex more than traditional 2x10s. I see bad squeaks in brand new houses. When we did the addition, I requested 2x10s for the joists. It's the only room without a squeaking floor.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay